1.The Mount Rushmore is a national monument located in the US state of South Dakota.
- The Monument represents 150 years of American history.
- The Monument is carved in the rock as a monumental granite sculpture of the head of 4 American presidents: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.
- Sculpture’s heads are high 18 m and are located in an area of 5.17 m².
- During the construction of the sculpture, no construction worker was killed.
- The sculpture was built during the period of 14 years.
- Name Mount Rushmore comes from the lawyer of Charles E. Rushmore, during his expedition in 1885. Lakota Sioux Indians called the mountain “Six grandfathers”.
- The Mountain “Six grandfathers” was part of the route, which is the leader of the Lakota Sioux Black Elk took a kind of pilgrimage, which culminated at Harney Peak.
- During the construction period of the sculptures there were 400 workers.
- The creator Gutzon Borglum chose this 4 American presidents, for their role in preserving the Republic and expanding territory.