- Post Museum Belgrade (Republic of Serbia)
The Postal and Telegraphic-Telephone Museum functions as a museum within the Public Enterprise “Post of Serbia”.
The Museum deals with the collection, study, protection and presentation of objects and documents related to the operation and development of PTT traffic.The PTT Museum was created as a result of the need to preserve and protect objects and data related to the history of Serbian Post.
The beginnings of collecting exhibits for the museum can be traced back to the end of the 19th century, more precisely since 1887, when a regulation was passed by the head of the Postal and Telegraph Department, using the library and “album of foreign marks”.Later on, in 1888, the Ordinance on the division of jobs at the Post and Telegraph Department, the provision on postal museums was extended to: “collecting a collection of older and new postal and telegraphic objects and handling the same collection”.
The postal and telegraph telephone museum was opened on July 31, 1923, when the first Rulebook on the work of the PTT Museum was adopted.
The museum was established as a department of the Ministry of Postal and Telegraph, and it was managed by the Department of Statistics of the General Department of the Ministry.
The museum is located in the center of Belgrade (the corner of Palmotićeva Street and Jevrosime Street), in a building designed by architect Momir Korunović.
Address of the museum:
Mother Jevrosime 13, Belgrade
Working days from 10 am to 3 pm
Every first Saturday in the month from 11 to 19 o’clock
Saturday (if not the first Saturday of the month) and Sunday closed
Professional tour of the museum:
For organized and announced visits
City lines 2, 5, 10, 23, 24, 26, 27, 37, 40, 41, 44, 58, 79
The museum has no parking space, the closest is the underground parking at the Belgrade City Hall
Enabled access to people with disabilities
- Post and Telecommunications Museum Polhov Gradec (Republic of Slovenia)
Technical Museum of Slovenia
Address: Polhov Gradec 61, 1355 Polhov Gradec, Slovenia
Phone: +386 1 364 00 83
Management: Tržaška cesta 2, 1000 Ljubljana
Phone. +386 (0) 1 436 16 06, 436 22 69, 436 34 83
Bistra near Vrhnika: Bistra 6, 1353 Borovnica
Phone. +386 (0) 1 750 66 70, 750 66 72
The largest Slovenian museum (Technical Museum) is located on the edge of the Ljubljansko barje in the former Carthusian monastery in Bistra near Vrhnika.
Working hours of the museum:
Tuesday-Friday from 8.00 to 16.00 (in July and August from 10.00 to 18.00);
Saturday from 9:00 to 17:00;
Sunday and holidays from 10 am to 6 pm
The museum is closed on Mondays.
Monday and from 4.12. By 1st March the museum is open only to previously announced groups (+386 (0) 1 750 66 72, 041 957 146).
Join us at Saturday workshops and weekly reviews of how old machines worked, the techniques and the use of tools used by our ancestors in everyday work, as well as at a science festival or special events.
For the event program visit: http://www.tms.si
Visit the post office and telecommunications museum in Polhov Gradac.
adults (individual visits) € 4.50
adults (in groups of at least 20 people) 3,60 €
students, students and pensioners (individual visits) 3,00 €
Students, students and pensioners (in groups of at least 20 people) 2.40 €
preschool children, people with disabilities free of charge
family ticket 12,00 €
entrance to the museum park 1,00 €
- FORESTRY SECTION
Forest ecology, problem of forest extinction, history of forest propagation, prehistoric forests to the end of the 15th century, forest as a source of energy, forests as a source of natural resources, forests as the creator of the environment, forestry after the Second World War.
- WOOD-MANUFACTURING SECTOR
Carpentry and sawing as forms of primary processing of wood coating in semi-finished products and final products made of wood, carpentry, collar and barrel crafts as classic forms of woodworking crafts; An old Venetian tester, which still operates and water veneers, are two important technical monuments of the woodworking profession.
- SLOVENIAN HUNTING MUSEUM
Hunting history, hunting organization, development of hunting weapons, kinology and a comprehensive presentation of game types on the territory of Slovenia.
- FISHING SECTION
Evolutionary development of fish, freshwater fish in the waters of Slovenia, water pollution, fishing history, fishing organization, fishing techniques and salmonide fish farming techniques.
- ELECTRICAL SECTION
Fundamentals of electricity and magnetism, production and transmission of electric energy, development of electrification of Slovenia, multimedia displays, experiments by Nikola Tesla.
- TEXTILE RADINITY SECTION
Development of textile technology in Slovenia, the most important textile raw materials and crafts. The museum displays occasional displays of fabric on old textile machines.
Beginnings of printing, substrates and writing papers, printing ink, book printing, bookbinding, office technique. Occasional displays of molding of printing letters, manual and machine matching, manual printing on a printing machine, printing of pictures with the help of printing clichés, book sewing.
- TRAFFIC SECTION
A collection of bicycles, motorbikes, cars, Tito’s cars, a collection of cars from the German Technical Museum in Berlin, a collection of motorcycles from the Tomos factory, a Ljubljana tram, an exhibition on the supply of motor vehicles with fuel.
- SECTOR OF AGRICULTURAL MECHANIZATION
Collear workshop, potter’s blacksmith, vodenica and blacksmiths, collection of propulsion machines that were used in agriculture (locomotives, stable engines, tractors, checkers). Exhibition From grain to cake (cultivation of soil, sowing, harvesting, fattening, grinding of grain and baking bread).
A place where technical heritage and nature are narrated by countless stories.
HISTORY OF BISTRA
- 1260-1782: Carthusian monastery
The Bistra carthus, also called “Vallis iocosa” (Vesela dolina), was built by the counts of the Spanheim family in the 13th century. In addition to Žič, Jurkloštra and Pleterje Bistra, it was one of the four monasteries on the territory of Slovenia. The monastery building has constantly changed its appearance, due to an earthquake and numerous fires.
The cartus was dissolved by King Josef II of Germany in 1782.
- 1826-1945: veleposed
In 1826, the monastery was purchased by the merchant and fabricator Franc Gale, who turned the building into Bistra into a wholesaler. After the Second World War, the castle became a “public good”, and for a short time it was the headquarters of the Forest Administration. In 1947, this building was the seat of the Institute for Forestry of Slovenia; It was then that the first forestry, wood processing and hunting collections of the future museum were formed.
- Since 1951: Technical Museum of Slovenia
The Technical Museum of Slovenia was established in 1951, and in October 1953 it was opened to the public.
- Post and Telecommunications Museum Zagreb (Republic of Croatia)
The Post and Telecommunications Museum operates within the Croatian Telekom dd, and the visitors are guided through the history of post and telecommunications. Within the museum, with a permanent exhibition, you can look at museum and documentation collections and visit the library of the museum.
The working hours of the museum are from 8 to 16 hours a week, or from 10 to 14 hours a day for visitors.
The entrance is free.
At organized joint visits, expert guidance is available at your disposal.
Zagreb, Republic of Croatia
Phone: 01/49 11 589
Telefax: 01/49 11 588
Thematic exhibitions of the museum are held in the postal rooms of Zagreb and the postal and telecommunication spaces of other cities. Apart from thematic exhibitions related to postal and telecommunication activities, the museum also organized art exhibitions of academic artists and amateur amateurs and employees of Croatian Telekom dd. and Croatian Post Office.
In addition to the daily museum activities, the museum also has expert guidance for organized joint visits. The museum enables the service of scientific and professional literature from its foundation and provides professional guidance to students and students.
The museum is also active in the field of publishing – exhibitions are accompanied by catalogs issued by the museum.
The Postal and Telecommunications Museum was established on April 9, 1953. It was then called the PTT Museum, and its task was to “collect, store, exhibit and publish materials and objects that documentively document the development of postal traffic and telecommunications in the area of NR Croatia”. The first curator of the museum was named dr. Vuk Simić Vakanović, known as a renowned philatelist but also a great expert in mail history.
Already in the first year of existence, the museum has formed basic collections (postal, telecommunication and philatelic) and documentation collections (cartographic, archives, photographs, hematochemicals and libraries).
The development of the museum was greatly slowed down in 1954 when, by decision on the creation of a unique PTT museum for the entire SFRY, many valuable materials were transferred to Belgrade, where it is still located today.
Due to the lack of understanding of the founders, PTT Museum Zagreb is closed to the public for 45 years. After the independence of Croatia, the museum is part of the Croatian Post and Telecommunications, and on December 17, 1997, in celebrating 110 years of public telephone network in Croatia, it opens its doors to the public.
By splitting the HPT, on January 1, 1999, the museum is part of the Croatian Telecommunications d.d.