Criminal TV shows, series or serials have always attracted many viewers and fans of this specific genre. Some people first read books, and after reading they just watch a movie or TV series. They do compare between books and movies or books and series. The main characters are always detectives (female or male), with their teams working diligently to investigate murders, suicides or other unusual events for us (viewers). The detective is, in fact; a reporter or a secret police officer and a steady regime, always positive and our favorite character in the show / film. We often go out with him, enter the case he solves, and imagine how we would solve this case (if we are in his place). Each crime series, film or serials always has a positive outcome / solution. In the end, the detective, with the help of his or her team, his/her mind, intelligence, quick thinking, and intelligence, solves the case and prevents each subsequent negative case / next killing. Detective is always a charming gentleman / lady with nice maneuvers, simple but elegantly dressed, and everyone loves him or her. Both viewers and members of his team (in a movie or series). That’s why we love the series and movies of this genre, and we always look forward to seeing them again.
The fact is that these series and films often been on TV screen at the request of loyal viewers.
Here is the list of 10 favourite TV shows filmed wordwide:
1. Mrs. Bradley Mysteries (1998) – The main character of this British crime series is Adela Bradley (starring Diana Rigg). The crime of this crime series is taking place in the 20s of the 20th century. Mrs. Bradley in her entertaining and gentle way solves investigations, murders, blackmails, sacrifices and exchanges of identity. Her faithful driver George follows her on every step. Adela solves the dark family secrets, poisoning, crimes of passion in circus, mysterious death in the opera. Along with Gerog, Adela get help from her female intuition, from her ability to work and find out result for every dangerous situation. Adela always wins. Directed by: James, Hawes, Scenario: Simon Booker, Main actors: Diana Rigg, Neil Dudgeon, Peter Davison,…etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uNX1dJI_Hw
2. Murdoch Mysteries (TV Series, 2008, http://www.cbc.ca)-This is a Canadian drama TV series began in 2008 and set in Toronto at the beginning of 20th century. It lasting one hour. This TV show explores the intriguing world of the detective William Murdoch (played by Yannick Bisson). Murdoch has a brilliant mind. He is methodical person whose pioneers innovative forensic methods helping to solve almost all cases and murders in Toronto and around the town. Also, there are a plenty of people helping him. Among them is Constable George Crabtree (Jonny Harris), Murdoch’s boss Inspector Brackeneid (Thomas Craig) and the love of his life, Dr.Julia Ogden (Helene Joy). The TV show is placed in Victorian-Edwardian society.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7P4Jx-GkoM
3. The Father Brown Mysteries (The book: The Father Brown Stories, Author: Gilbert Keith Chesterton, first published 1951) – Father Brown (played by Tom Chambers, 2013) is a fictional Roman Catholic priest and amateur detective who is featured in 53 short stories published between 1910 and 1936 written by English novelist G. K. Chesterton. Father Brown solves mysteries and crimes using his intuition and keen(www.bbc.com).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7yHnLySNeQ
4. Midsummer mysteries (TV Series, 1997, season 20)- This is a British TV detective drama that has aired on ITV since 1997 created by Caroline Graham. The main character is Chief Inspector Barnaby (Neil Dudgeon) and his young sergeant. This team of detectives investigate murders in the picturesque county of Midsomer in this long-running British drama. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_4LLypCkQ0
5. Poirot (www.itv.com)- 1989,The main character is the eponymous Detective Poirot (David Suchet) who investigates, explores and solves murders, killings and suicides. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvNKAiE59GIThe intelligent and eccentrically Belgian detective Hercule Poirot investigates murders from England to Egypt. This is a fictional character from the Agatha Christie’s novels.
6. Chief Inspector Banks- A fictional detective Alan Banks was a British crime drama series produced by Left Bank Pictures for the ITV network. Originally broadcast over five series in 2010–2016, the series was based on Peter Robinson’s Inspector Alan Banks novels and stars Stephen Tompkinson as Detective Chief Inspector Alan Banks.
7. Miss Marple (2005, the main acttress Julia McKenzie)- Miss Marple is a fictional character in Agatha Christie’s crime novels and short stories. An elderly spinster who lives in the village of St. Mary Mead and acts as detective, investigator.
8. Monk (TV Series, 2002)- Monk is an American comedy-drama detective mystery television series created by Andy Breckman and starring Tony Shalhoub as the main character. Adrian Monk is a brilliant San Francisco detective whose methods of work are sometimes funny and unexpectable. Created my Andy Breckman.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hseWMRV3lA8
9. Maigret- is a British television series from ITV set in mid-1950s France. Its first episode aired on 28 March 2016, and the second on Christmas Day 2016. Chief Inspector Jules Amedée François Maigret (Rowan Atkinson) or simply Jules Maigret or Maigret to most people, is a fictional French police detective, actually a commissaire who hunts for a killer or serial killer from Montmartre to the remote French countryside.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpViacF-a0kDirected by Ashley Pearce. With Rowan Atkinson, Leo Staar, Shaun Dingwall and Alexander Campbell.
10. The Doctor Blake Mysteries (TV Series, 2013)- Dr Lucien Blake (Craig McLahlan) left Ballarat as a young man. Dr Blake who is always on the case, Lewis and Sergeant James Hathaway solve the tough cases that the learned inhabitants of Oxford throw at them. A murder with links to a secret society may hold the key to a 40 year mystery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCvbfz_rmoQ
This is an Australian television series also known as The Blake Mysteries that premiered on ABC(Australian Broadcasting Corporation) TV on 1 February 2013 at 8:30 pm. (www.abc.net.au).
Love them all – MZ !
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes, I agree with you completely. I love them all, as well.
My best regards
LikeLiked by 2 people