1. AURORA TEARGARDEN MYSTERIES: Real murder-Unless you’re a mystery fan and a lover of Charlaine Harris you might not know that much about the Aurora Teagarden series, which is perfectly understandable since it is another niche that a lot of people know about but isn’t pushed as much as others. In that regard it is fully enjoyed by those that happen to like the series but it’s also open to any fans that want to take a look and perhaps decide that they like the actors or the story that’s being presented. There are a few well-known actors that appear in these stories, a fact that gives the series a little more veracity since quite honestly the star power of any series, movie, or show is what draws people to it. The story is what keeps them there, and as it’s been seen throughout the history of the series people have liked what they’ve seen. The first book that the series was based on was published in 1990. Candace Cameron Bure is the main protagonist.
The majority of the films were shot in Vancouver, BC. In the movies Aurora belongs to a group that meets regularly to solve crimes in her small town. The movies didn’t start broadcasting until around 2014. Marilu Henner is a main part of the cast. Each film runs about 2 hours. Charlaine Harris has been writing mysteries for over 3 decades. The films were broadcast primarily in USA but channel 5 took over broadcasting rights in the UK. There were 11 books in the series.
2. FRANKIE DRAKE MYSTERIES-The series’s work is located in Toronto in the 20s of last century, and follows the adventures of the only private detectives in the city – Frankie and Trudy. The two take over cases that the police do not even want to touch. In the time of universal prosperity and optimism their greatest advantage is that women are the ones who break the prejudices and conjecture of conventions. But she is not an “ordinary” detective. Frankie (played by 37-year-old Lauren Lee Smith) takes over cases with which the police do not want to have jobs, those who, if you ask the police, are unsure. Her avant-garde adventure will result in many incidents and incredible situations from which, in odd ways, she can pull off.
Great costumes and scenographies showing all the dramatic changes in society and in general in the human minds of those years is just one of the reasons to look at this series (namely, the 20’s clothing became more and more comfortable and women began to adopt only then men’s pieces of clothing like smoking and pants).
Frankie is ready to conquer the world, but is the world ready for it?
3. Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators – BBC First- The action of this exciting series takes place in the town of Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of a great writer William Shakespeare, with more bloody corpses appearing than Macbeth’s maths.
Shakespeare and Hathaway – private investigators The chief protagonist of a private investigator Frank Hathaway has always been alone. But he does not do his best. He may have great instincts when it comes to solving the crime, but he is completely out of shape and chronicly lacks money. In short, Franko needs a partner, someone like Lu, a former hairdresser who knows about people. Just what he does not know yet.
Frank and Lu are finally joining forces and becoming the most incredible and above all entertaining detective duo. Soon they discover that in this theatrical town and not quite as idyllic as it does at first glance.
Starring: Mark Benton (Frank Hathaway), Jo Joyner (Lu Shakespeare), Patrick Walshe Mcbride (Sebastian Brudenell), Amber Aga (Inspector Marlowe).
Shakespeare and Hathaway – Private Investigators
The Director of the series is Carolina Giammetta.
4. Morning Show Mysteries: A murder in mind (2019)- Billie Blessings searches for the real killer, when her friend is accused of murder.
5. Chronicle Mysteries-Alison Sweeney is returning to the Hallmark Mysteries & Movies Channel with a new series called The Chronicle Mysteries. Unlike her other Hallmark mystery series, Murder She Baked series, The Chronicle Mysteries is an original script that is catered specifically for her. What do we know about this new mystery series? Days of Our Lives alum Alison Sweeney is portraying amateur sleuth, Alex McPherson. Written by Melissa Salmons, Alex is novelist and a podcaster who is investigating a cold case. Obsessed with puzzles and mysteries, she is investigating the unsolved murder is of her childhood friend, Gina DeSavio. Not only is Alex a novelist and podcaster, but she will eventually be the newspaper heir to the Harrington Chronicle through her uncle Miles Lawrence. There, she does her research and is both helped and thwarted by actor Benjamin Ayres, who works at the paper.
Based on the previews, this is like nothing that Hallmark has ever done before. It appears darker and more sinister–more of a true crime story than a frothy romance.
The podcast is what Alison Sweeney explains to the International Business Times as one of the new “armchair detective” series. Although not mentioning the extraordinary podcast hit Serial, it appears from the previews that this may be the podcast model of what Sweeney is talking about.
6. Emma Fielding Mysteries-Discover more about the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Emma Fielding Mysteries starring Courtney Thorne-Smith! While hosting the annual gathering of the Association for the Study of American Archaeology at Kenzer College, Emma Fielding is thrust into the midst of a murder mystery when the President of her organization is poisoned on the eve of announcing her successor. With many of the leading archaeologists present having expressed their entitlement to the presidency prior to the murder, Emma and FBI pal Jim Conner have plenty of likely suspects from which to choose. Starring Courtney Thorne-Smith, James Tupper, and Mark Valley.
7. Hailey Dean Mysteries-Original Airdate: May 19, 2019
Hailey Dean knows District Attorney Paulina D’Orazio is innocent of the murder of a man she once put behind bars and must do all she can to prove it in the face of mounting evidence. Starring Kellie Martin, Viv Leacock, and Lauren Holly. Original Airdate: May 12, 2019
Psychologist and former prosecutor Hailey Dean aids her friend Detective Garland Fincher in investigating a rapidly growing string of murders at Atlanta Memorial Hospital when Fincher’s girlfriend Dr. Meghan Phillips is named a suspect in the first killing. As the list of suspects grows with each new victim’s death, Hailey’s keen investigative skills, her uncanny ability to read people, and her passion for justice lead her through a labyrinth of clues that eventually point to the killer. But when she gets too close to the truth, Hailey becomes the killer’s next target for murder. Starring Kellie Martin and Viv Leacock.
8. Signed, Sealed, Delivered-About the Series – Signed, Sealed, Delivered From Martha Williamson, the creative force behind “Touched By An Angel”
The new original series “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” is a wonderful combination of romance, comedy and drama that follows the lives of four postal detectives who transform themselves into a team of detectives to track down intended recipients of undeliverable mail. Their missions take them out of the office and into an unpredictable world where redirected letters and packages can save lives, solve crimes, reunite old loves and change futures by arriving late but somehow always on time. The team includes charming Oliver O’Toole (Eric Mabius), a genius postal detective and the group’s leader; new team member, Shane McInerney (Kristin Booth), a technophile who brings 21st century sensibility to the group; free-spirited, “girl next door” Rita Haywith (Crystal Lowe) who has a photographic memory; and lovable Norman Dorman (Geoff Gustafson), a master in conventional research methods.
9. Darrow & Darrow-Claire Darrow, a lawyer, fights for what’s right, regardless of whether it makes her a dime. Joanna, Claire’s estranged mother and a lawyer as well, would rather make a profit. They clash on nearly everything, even on the best way to raise Claire’s daughter, Louise. Stars Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Tom Cavanagh, Wendie Malick.
10. Picture Perfect Mysteries-Small-town New England professional wedding photographer Allie Adams (Alexa PenaVega) finds herself in the middle of a murder mystery when the groom is suddenly shot and killed during the ceremonial first dance. Suspicion immediately turns towards Allie’s big brother Greg (Jon Cor, “Love on Safari”), the ex-boyfriend of the bride. Allie begins her own amateur investigation to clear Greg’s name, teaming up with Sam (Carlos PenaVega), the newest detective on the force. Starring Alexa PenaVega, Carlos PenaVega. and Jon Cor.
11. A small murders of the Agathe Christe- Fran. LES PETITS MEURTRES D’AGATHA CHRISTIE, 2009., Francuska, 90 min. (FoxCrime)- Inspector Laurence, an irritating sword, but an irresistible guy, is investigating the crimes of Agatha Christie’s fingers. A young journalist Alice Avril, a feminist, is ready to get a story about her clash with Laurence. Luckily, Laurence can always count on the help of his faithful secretary, the overwhelming Marlene.