1. According to the World’s Safest Cities Index (published by the Economist Intelligence unit), consisting of digital, infrastructure, health and personal security, Tokyo is the world’s safest city.
2. You can travel to Tokyo year-round.
3. When you come to visit Tokyo don’t miss: train-shots, traditional hot water / springs bathing in Azabu-Juban, Shomben Yokocho, visiting Fuji Mountain, Meiji Shrine and Tokyo Tower.
4. Tokyo has a population of 12,570,000 as of the 2006 census, but over 30 million people live in the wider city area.
5. The Tokyo metropolitan area is the largest metropolitan area in the world.
6. Also, Tokyo is one of the busiest cities in the world. The rhythm of life in Tokyo never slows down.
7. In the new area of Odaibe, everything is happening at tremendous speed (from sightseeing in front of the Imperial Palace to shopping in The Little Hong Kong).
8. The Tokyo National Museum is located in Ueno Park (there are 20 art galleries filled with 1500 years of Japanese history). The developed city of Edo (from the beginning of the 17th century) became the new capital of Japan when Emperor Meiji moved the imperial court in 1860. Edo City has some of the best places to shop: Hinza, Shibuya, Ikebukero and Shinjuku. The nearby National Museum of Western Art contains a large collection of Impressionist works. It houses the City Art Gallery, the National Museum of History, the National Museum of Science, and the Gallery of Far Eastern Art.
9. Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden is located in Shinjuku. The gardens are decorated in Japanese and European style. There is also a tea room where visitors can participate in a traditional tea ceremony. In addition to the Roppongi district, Shinjuku is a popular nightlife hub.
10. Kabuki-za Theater is located in Ginza. Sensoji Temple, An Amusement Park Hanayashiki, Five Floor Pagoda and Nakamise (Traditional Trade District) are located in Asakusa. The youth gathers in Harajuku, while Azabu-Juban is a market for exclusive customers. Akihabara is a place where you buy technique and electronics. Tokyio has everything in abundance – from beautiful parks and gardens, theme parks and beautiful art galleries to the largest fish markets in the world.
More info: http://www.gotokyo.org http://www.peak-1.co.jp http://www.japanvisitor.com