• 31 October 2020 for Short Animation
• 10 November 2020 for Feature Animation
Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2021 (TAAF2021) is an international animation film festival organised by the Association of Japanese Animations and TAAF Executive Committee, and co-hosted by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government. TAAF2021 will take place in Tokyo in March 2021.
Tokyo Anime Award Festival calls for feature and short animated films with high potential and strong messages from all over the world. Our aim is to screen high-quality animated films superior in originality, provide opportunities to inspire audience as well as creators, cultivate new talents, and contribute in the development and promotion of animation cultures and industry.
Any animation completed on, or after, January 1, 2019 can be submitted to the competition (regardless of country of origin, and whether it is professional, amateur or student work).
There are two categories:
• Feature Animation (60 min. or longer)
• Short Animation (less than 30 min.)
There are no entry fees.
• Grand Prize (both for Feature and Short): 500,000 yen
• Award of Excellence (both for Feature and Short): 100,000 yen
For further information visit