Centuries-old folk experiences in the treatment with honey (and other bee products) have been confirmed by modern medicine. With the help of these preparations, many diseases and health problems are treated faster and easier. Honey, pollen, royal jelly and propolis (or mixtures thereof) can be used in parallel with medicines. They do not interfere with the effect of drugs, but on the contrary help and strengthen the effect of drugs (medical therapies). Even industrially produced, synthetic vitamins are better absorbed and used in the body by taking them with a solution of honey.
1. Honey against colds – in the evening drink a cup of linden tea sweetened with honey and lemon juice. It is advisable to go to bed immediately and cover yourself with thick blankets, quilts. Linden tea causes sweating. After heavy sweating, you should change into clean and dry pajamas. It is recommended to stay in bed for at least 2-3 days. Linden tea with honey and a little lemon should be drunk several times a day.
2. Honey against cough and bronchitis – get a mixture of tea with 20% cut marshmallow, 5% chamomile flower, 7% rosehip fruit, 30% coltsfoot leaf, 10% marigold leaf, 3% acacia flower, 5% flower in the herbal pharmacy also called 20% of thyme blooms. Pour a spoonful of tea with 2 decilitres of boiling water. Cover the bowl with the tea. Leave to stand for one hour. The tea is then strained. Add honey. Drink 2 decilitres three times a day.
3. Honey for cough and asthma – mix 200 grams of honey, yellow sugar and olive oil with 6 peeled and ground lemons. Leave for 10 days in a cool place. Take one tablespoon before meals three times a day.
4. Cough for relieving cough – pour 10 grams of buckthorn leaves with hot water. Sweeten with honey. Drink 3 times a day.
5. Honey for lung patients – take honey mixed with finely chopped young bokvica leaves daily.
6. Honey for chest pain – take one tablespoon of grated horseradish mixed with 2 tablespoons of honey 3 times a day.
7. Honey for children’s cough – put 2 tablespoons of marshmallow in half a liter of hot water. Leave to stand for half an hour. Strain the mixture. Add 2 tablespoons of honey and whole lemon juice.
8. Honey against anemia – mix half a kilogram of meadow honey, with half a kilogram of ground walnuts and half a kilogram of lemon. Store in a cool place. Take one tablespoon every 3-4 hours.
9. Honey against apathy, depression and insomnia – take one spoon of honey every morning and evening.
10. Honey to calm the nervous system – put a spoonful of rose hips, a spoonful of chamomile in boiling water. Boil and remove from the stove. When the liquid has cooled add the juice of half a lemon and honey. Drink several times during the day.
11. Honey for strengthening the organism and for developing children – 6 medium-sized beets, peel and grate. Sprinkle with a little sugar and leave for half an hour. Then strain through a strainer. Add 100 grams of honey and whole lemon juice to the obtained juice. Take one tablespoon three times a day.
12. honey to strengthen the body – clean and grate one apple. Add the squeezed juice of one orange and 2-3 tablespoons of honey. Occasionally take one tablespoon of this mixture during the day.
13. Honey for recovery from illness – mix a kilogram of honey with half a kilogram of grated carrots and 100 grams of ground walnuts. Leave in a cool place to stand for two days. Take one tablespoon of this mixture in the morning.
14. Honey as a medicinal drink – mix two tablespoons of natural apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of honey and a glass of lukewarm water. Take this drink daily. This drink is good for strengthening the mucous membranes of the throat and mouth, for improving blood circulation, removing toxins from the body, for strengthening the body, regulating digestion and treating hoarseness.
15. Honey against gastritis and ulcers on the stomach and duodenum – for two months, take 30 grams of honey dissolved in a glass of lukewarm water daily. If the patient has increased stomach acid, take the drink one to two hours before meals. If stomach acid is reduced, take the medicine just before a meal.
16. Honey to regulate digestion – in case of constipation, you should drink a glass of cold water in the morning in which a spoonful of honey is dissolved. In case of diarrhea, drink a glass of lukewarm water with a spoonful of honey.
17. Honey for inflammation of the bladder-take honey daily.
18. Honey against sand or kidney stones-mix half a cup of honey with half a cup of olive oil and the juice of one lemon. Store this liquid in the refrigerator. Take one tablespoon 3 times a day.
19. Honey as a beverage for bile – boil 2 dl of white wine, honey and olive oil. Cool the drink. Keep in a dry place. Take two tablespoons before meals each morning.
20. Honey for patients with asthma-frothy cup of honey, 2 cups of butter. Put in a glass jar. Refrigerate. Take one tablespoon of this mixture every night and every morning.
21. Honey for wounds – mix wheat flour with honey. Spread the mixture on a linen cloth and apply to the wound. Change the dressing twice a day.
22. Honey as a food in the prevention of heart attack – every night before bed drink a cup of tea made from equal parts of linden, sage, marshmallow and sweetened with honey.
23. Honey for ulcers-make a dough from honey, rye flour, egg yolk, a little saffron and the middle of the bread. Put on the ulcer.
24. Honey against hangover – after taking a spoon or two spoons of honey, alcohol is eliminated by 20-40% from the blood faster than usual.
Medicinal properties of propolis – this is a particularly medicinal product of bees. It is recommended to increase the body’s resistance during mass respiratory infections (15-25 drops of propolis taken once or twice a day).
Propolis is used to treat cuticles and remove warts from the hands. If after a few days of lubricating the nipple with propolis, it does not fall off, you should take a ball of natural propolis in a solid state from the beekeeper. Place this ball on the nipple and secure with a band-aid. The wart will fall off in about ten days. In cases of eczema or allergy to detergents, hands should be washed with sulfur soap in the evening, smeared with propolis and a cream containing cocoa butter or white vaseline should be applied on top. If a person has a hollow tooth, it is best to put 2-3 drops of propolis in the cavity. The severe pain will last for a few minutes and then it will disappear. Propolis is part of many creams and ointments for the treatment of wounds, burns or eczema and the treatment of purulent processes on the skin and ulcers. Propolis score always comes mixed with honey.