Recent research says that people should not just use vitamin supplements during the day.
If a person still wants to use supplements then he should ask himself a few questions. Based on their own answers, each person should decide whether or not to use some of the supplements on a daily basis. If people eat healthy and get enough vitamins and minerals in their body and are physically active – there is no need to use supplements. If a person ingests too many or too few vitamins / minerals it will affect health. It is important to be moderate and careful. Supplements are vitamins in capsules that are different from the vitamins that people take in through diet.
To use supplements, it is advisable to consult a doctor. Currently, a wide range of vitamins and minerals can be found in pharmacies and specialty stores. It is impossible for every person to like every vitamin or mineral.
Questions that each person can ask themselves:
1. Does a person consume 7-10 servings of fruits and vegetables a day? According to some manuals for a healthy diet, 7-10 servings of fruits and vegetables per person per day are recommended. In that way, the daily needs of the organism will be satisfied.
2. Does the person use any medications? Numerous medications prescribed by doctors for some diseases can lead to a deficiency of some nutrients. For example, oral contraception causes a deficiency of vitamins B6, B12 and vitamin C. If a person uses certain medications for a long period of time then it is advisable to consult a doctor about the possible use of supplements.
3. How does an individual’s body react to stress? Everyday stress causes a deficiency of vitamin B. If vitamin B is not compensated by diet, it can be a problem for the body. Then it is desirable to use a supplement.
4. If a person does not have time to cook and prepare healthy food then it is also advisable to use supplements.
5. Vegan or vegetarian: People who do not eat foods of animal origin are usually at higher risk of vitamin B12 and iron deficiency. Vitamin B12 and iron is seldom or in small quantities found in foods of plant origin. In this case, it is desirable to consider the consumption of supplements.
Tip plus: if you use mineral supplements then take into account the recommended daily dose. Special caution is advised in the use of iron supplements. Although supplements are dietary supplements and contain many beneficial substances, supplements should not be a substitute for meals. Smoking affects the absorption of vital vitamins and minerals. Then it is desirable to take supplements. For example, smoking may in the first place interfere with the effect of vitamin D. Supplements are useful in the case of a deficiency of a particular vitamin. Then the recovery of the organism would require more time and a huge amount of foods that are rich in a certain vitamin.