Deep-freezer appliances should be cleaned from time to time. This is not some obvious problem. The biggest problem is the accumulated frost, especially on surfaces that create cold. Frost significantly increases electricity consumption because it acts as an insulating layer. Therefore, the device should be opened / closed sparingly and quickly. This is possible if the order is constantly maintained, individual food packages are clearly marked (and arranged according to a certain system) and a special record of the contents of the freezer is kept.
1. When the layer of ice and hoarfrost reaches a height of 5 mm it should melt. This happens once to three times a year. From time to time hoarfrost can be scraped with a synthetic object (not a sharp object because it damages the freezer coating).
2. Do general cleaning of the freezer when food stocks are at a minimum. Before cleaning, read the instructions provided when purchasing the device.
3. The procedure is as follows: 12 hours before thawing, set the device to more intensive freezing. That way, the food will gather a reserve of cold.
4. Wrap the package in pre-prepared paper (or blanket) when you turn off the machine. In cold weather, you can take groceries to the balcony or to the yard (refrigerator or basement) in the laundry basket.
5. Then place one or more wide containers of hot water in the appliance. So the steam will melt the ice layer. Change the water several times if necessary.
6. After 15-20 minutes you can start cleaning. Wash the inside of the appliance with warm water and a mild detergent. Wipe with a cloth dipped in clean water. Dry well.
7. When cleaning, do not forget the inside of the door and the sealing rubber (which is rubbed with talcum powder after cleaning).
8. Remove dust from the condenser with a vacuum cleaner or brush if necessary.
9. Reconnect the appliance to the mains. Set the thermostat.
10. Return the stored food to the cleaned freezer.