You can do these easy tests at home. Tests will help you better understand your body.
- Senility and stroke- while standing lift one leg bend it as much as possible at the knee. Write down how long you can stay in this position. If it is more than 20 seconds, there is most likely no damage to the small blood vessels of the cerebrum. It means that premature senility and perhaps a stroke are not a threat to you.
- Anemia-pull the lower eyelid and look at the color of the inner part. Pale pink or yellowish color may be signs of anemia. The inner part of the eyelid is bright pink in healthy people. If, in addition to the color of the inner part of the eyelid, you notice shortness of breath, fatigue, pallor – you should do a test or blood test for iron.
- Lung and Heart Disease-Climb the stairs at a medium pace while talking on the phone or humming (never keep quiet). If you hold your breath or catch your breath, it is a sign or a hint that your lungs and heart cannot cope with the load. It is time to examine the work of the lungs and heart.
- Perform the hearing test in a room without any sounds. Close one ear. Next to the other ear, rub your fingers apart. Do you hear the sound? Then move your hand 15 cm away from your ear. Do you hear the sound now? Hearing is fine if you hear sound. Repeat the test with the other ear.
- Do your diabetes test with an assistant. Have the assistant touch your foot with the blunt then sharp end of the pen. Don’t look but try to tell which part of the pen the assistant touched you with. If you can’t distinguish the sharp part from the blunt part of the pen – it means that there is some nerve damage due to diabetes.
- Carpal syndrome – located in the wrist. Nerves run through it. Excessive work at the computer can cause problems (numbness of the fingers, loss of feeling in the hands). Bend your arms at the elbows. Then press your hands to your chest with your palms facing you. Extend your fingers from you towards the root of the palm (twist your fist). Hold this position for a minute to two minutes. If pain occurs, it means that your tissues are pressing on the median nerve. This indicates carpal tunnel syndrome. If not treated in time, the pain can intensify and fine motor skills in the body worsen. In case of any disturbing symptoms, consult a doctor.