In the early 20th century chlorine began to be applied. It was used as a poisonous substance during the First World War. It is very toxic and dangerous to humans and animals. It participates in reactions with organic materials, thus producing other dangerous carcinogenic toxins that cause disturbances in the work of the endocrine and immune systems of humans. Dioxin is the most famous of these substances. Chlorine is found on the labels of chemical products under various names: hypochlorite, sodium hypochlorite, sodium dichloroisocyanurate, hydrogen chloride, hydrochloric acid. In drying it is about one chlorine.
The disinfectant used to destroy bacteria and microbes in our homes also reaches the human body in contact with water and air. Laundry detergent, dishwashing detergent, sanitary cleaners, bleaches and other chlorine-containing detergents – create volatile substances that irritate the mucous membranes and skin. Vapors of these substances cause irritation of the lungs and bronchi. Numerous studies have shown that toxins (chlorine derivatives) cause oncological diseases and reproductive and developmental defects. Biologists are convinced that these substances are responsible for mutations, disorders of the immune system and the extinction of some animal species. It has been proven that chlorine is one of the causes of atmospheric ozone.
To protect against chlorine, laundry detergents can be used to begin with, and alkaline detergents can be used to clean toilets. When buying wipes, toilet paper or filters for coffee machines, give preference to unbleached products. Bleached paper can contain toxins that are dangerous to humans. Do not use pools in which water is cleaned with chlorine. Protection against the negative effects of chlorine can be to stop using chlorine-containing washing and cleaning products because chlorine will always be present in your home.
- Edible soda (sodium bicarbonate) – is a mild, effective, abrasive and alkaline detergent. Excellently cleans kitchen furniture, sinks, bathtubs, bath showers, gas and electric stoves with a fiberglass surface.
- Washing soda (sodium carbonate) is a stronger alkali but vapors are less dangerous. It removes grease well and neutralizes odors.
- White vinegar and lemon juice – neutralize alkaline deposits (limescale). These acids dissolve sticky and greasy layers. They remove dirt well from wooden surfaces. Vinegar destroys 99% of bacteria and viruses. To remove bacteria and viruses in water pipes, pour a few cups of vinegar into the sink drain. Let stand for a few hours. Then rinse with water.
- Tea tree oil can be used for disinfection. Good removes mold.
- On the basis of lavender you can prepare an antibacterial spray for the toilet bowl, chopping boards and other items. Mix a glass of water, a tablespoon of lavender oil and 10 ml of alcohol. Spray the surface with this mixture. Let stand 10-15 minutes. Wash with a damp cloth or leave without washing.