12 healthy habits for a better life for every person of all ages
Occasional and periodic adherence to good habits and principles is not the best decision. Always do your best to eradicate bad habits. Write down on paper the set and specific goals and thus increase the chance of success. Apply a constructive method that leads to faster realization of goals. Specifically: the next morning I go on foot to work / shopping / walking. Measurable: tomorrow I will walk around my neighborhood, Achievable: I go to bed earlier in the evening because I need to wake up earlier. Hourly: I will wake up at 7 in the morning because I will go for a walk at 7.15.
- More move-studies say that a daily / regular half-hour walk significantly reduces and slows down the risks of any disease. It works preventively against many existing diseases by slowing down unwanted results.
- The “5 a day” rule – fruits and vegetables enrich the texture and color of the diet and contain a number of protective nutrients. Research says that a diet high in fresh fruit lowers the risk of disease. Try to use fresh fruits and vegetables every day and meet this healthy and nutritious quota (number 5).
- Use smart drinks and canned coca-cola drinks and other carbonated drinks containing between 15 and 18 tablespoons of extra sugar and 240 calories. All experts advise reducing the use of carbonated beverages to reduce body weight and significantly reduce the amount of sugar in the diet. Instead of consuming an excessive amount of carbonated drinks and sugary drinks, add chopped citrus or berries to plain or mineral water.
- Use whole-grain cereals that contain more plant fiber than processed grains. That is why they give a feeling of satiety for longer. Instead of white flour pasta, sometimes use buckwheat pasta, spelled, rye and rice.
- Reduce the amount of meat – we know that scientists have determined that excessive consumption of red meat is not healthy. You can still enjoy smaller portions several times a week. At the same time, find other sources of protein such as legumes (lentils, beans) and nuts. Take one meatless meal a day while nibbling on almonds, lean cheese and beans.
- Breakfast is a must – a great recipe for maintaining an ideal body weight is to start breakfast with whole grains, fruits and dairy products – avoiding breakfast causes a strong feeling of hunger.
- Limit the amount of salt – significantly reduce the intake of processed foods and do not add extra salt to meals. Excessive consumption of this spice over time increases the risk of heart attack and stroke. Try a variety of spices and herbs to enrich the taste and aroma of the food you eat.
- Measure portions – the size and content of the meal portion is important. Both factors determine the caloric content and the total amount of carbohydrates. Use the advice of doctors, nutritionists and various nutrition educators.
- Eye control and vision-eye disease in the early stages do not cause any symptoms. However, an ophthalmological examination once a year is mandatory.
- Visit restaurants less often – preparing food at home means complete control over the choice of food, portion sizes, which is generally impossible when eating in restaurants. Research says that a higher percentage of salt, fat and calories are in restaurants and other outdoor facilities. Occasionally use restaurant and other services. You can find many recipes for lighter versions of dishes from restaurants on the Internet.
- Prevent dry skin — frequent and long showers dry out the skin. Frequent bathing in pool and sea water can cause skin irritation. Shorten your time in the shower or in the pool / sea / ocean / river. Let the water be warm not hot. People with sensitive skin prone to irritation can use hypoallergenic bath foams instead of soap. Use milk and skin moisturizing lotion regularly. If you have dry and sensitive skin, the use of moisturizers is essential, especially in summer. Rub the hypoallergenic and odorless product into the skin of the face and body once a day.
- Foot care – adequate choice of footwear is a basic condition for healthy and well-groomed feet. Lightweight espadrilles provide the necessary support when walking and protect the foot from injuries. Such footwear is better than slippers, flip flops or sandals with thin straps on the toes. Wear elastic stockings to reduce swelling of the feet and legs. Lift your legs in the air while sitting and sleeping / resting. Examine your feet daily for any blisters, blisters or scratches. It is useful to change shoes and socks in the middle of the day so that your feet are always dry. In public showers, when visiting the pool, be sure to wear sports slippers / shoes in order to prevent infection / irritation of the feet.