Staying calm and being wise when life brings us any form of limitation is certainly a great and true challenge for all people. It is a form of struggle that each person usually goes through alone with the occasional support of close people from their environment. If a restriction (illness, loss of a loved one, loss of a job, strict medical therapy regime … etc.) is difficult for you and becomes a burden that you find difficult to bear, it is best to talk “to yourself”.
- Self-help is often and in most cases the first and most important form of help regardless of the crisis / life constraint. Let the conversation be mature and reasonable, or supported by good reasons. Start with the basic questions you can ask yourself: why did this happen to me ?, how can I overcome the crisis ?, when will the crisis end ?, how to maintain health with a strict treatment regimen and be a healthy person again? And similar questions. The most important thing is to understand that you are not alone in everything. The same crises and the same problems happen to hundreds / millions of people around the world.
- The psychological counter-effect of the crisis is the most important. Tell yourself that you are strong enough and that no storms can harm you. Accept solutions to the crisis stoically / heroically. It helps to overcome crises of any form. Undoubtedly, there will always be a crisis, but less and less over time.
- Time plays a key role. No crisis is resolved overnight. Every solution requires patience and commitment to the problem. A patient person is a saved person. Work on your crisis a little but persistently. You will see over time that every crisis and every limitation loses weight, is resolved and becomes part of routine / daily life.
- The environment is also important. Talk to people like you. Talk to people who have been through a crisis. Trust such people is very much in this world. Remember that you are not alone in any crisis. If you don’t have close people imagine yourself in another person and imagine how that other person would then act. Change your routine and yourself if necessary.
- Find any hobby that can distract you from negative thinking. Every start is a good start. You won’t be great at the start but with all the ups, downs, mistakes, bug fixes and gradual you will overcome every obstacle with your teachings. Occupations can be of any type from banal (reading, walking, exercising, etc.) to very demanding ones that can help you master new knowledge and skills (knitting, painting, fishing, gardening, etc.). Remember that many celebrities (writers, artists, ..similar people) started their professions in later years. A young person sometimes chooses a vocation based on the environment and advice / opinions of other people, while a mature and adult person sees his / her possibilities, his / her previous experiences with other people’s experiences as a supplement. No one in the world was born learned. All people learn all their lives. There are a lot of women for example who have never learned to cook. These women were good mothers, good lawyers, economists but bad and no cooks. They say now in their later years that they were not interested in cooking and they always bought ready-made pies, ready-made meals, but baked cakes, but they did not enter the kitchen on their own except to bake an egg in a pan. These women put up with it perfectly. The point is not to let other people degrade you and consider you a worse person because you love some job more while you love some job less. Not all people are destined for all jobs.
- Positivity- as long as there are positive thoughts and smiles on the faces everything will be fine. Think positive whenever you can. Positivity gives extra energy and fills the gaps you have lost in dealing with crises / limitations. Positive people transmit positivity to other people. Very fast. Armed with positive energy, any person can work miracles and greatly change their lives from bad to better.
- Strict regimen of medical therapy – each therapy is a great challenge. For the doctor, the dose of drugs is determined as precisely as possible according to the objective parameters and the subjective needs and lifestyle of the patient. While on the other hand the patient / sick person faces limitations that seem at least initially discouraging. Strict regimens of therapy are like a sword of Democlosus overhead because the patient knows that any step out of the therapeutic protocol can bring a problem that causes frustration and extra precautions. There are many traps. However, after some time, the patient firmly decides to live life to the fullest, provided that he firmly decides that he can keep everything under control. The patient may realize that not-so-excessive sacrifices and sacrifice make sense because they ultimately lead to complete healing. Some illnesses require a lifelong strict regimen of medical therapy which creates confusion and frustration. Some medications
should always be on hand / carried. Look at it from a different perspective, because you don’t leave home without an ID card and car keys. So classify medications into a personal accessory / accessory like many other items. Medicines save your life. It is true that you should always take your medication at the same time and stop taking another activity. Yet after a while this becomes a routine and becomes an integral part of life like washing hands, brushing teeth, washing, shaving and the like. The whole procedure is simple and short: take a tablet at a certain time. Imagine, say, how much time you spend waiting in clinics for a doctor to see you.
- Diet-People sometimes find it difficult to tolerate any dietary restrictions. Sometimes a healthier life literally depends on the intake of food in the body. We know that harmful food / food ingredients support many diseases and encourage these enemies to have a bad effect on the body. It is always good to use small portions not only because of weight loss but because in small and harmless portions you have a constant feeling of satiety with any kind of dietary restrictions.
- Get moving and be active – some restrictions often require the purchase of expensive devices, vitamins, supplements, various aids that help us overcome these restrictions faster and more efficiently. Be more active in seeking help. If you are hindered by the material impossibility of procuring such aids, there are various local portals where you can apply to ask for an aid and that you are ready to accept any help. There are always people who have excess equipment (wheelchairs, medical crutches, walkers, old camera) who would like to donate / donate. In my country (Bosnia and Herzegovina (one of the humanitarian organizations that has never rejected any person / request in its long-term work is Pomoziba.org. These humanitarians literally solve many problems, starting with food procurement and helping the endangered. They recently launched a humanitarian action ” One telephone / humanitarian call for the purchase of 3 kilograms of flour. “
- Measuring blood pressure, temperature, blood glucose levels (for diabetics) and the like is a form of restriction, but fortunately today there are numerous devices that allow us to perform these activities while sitting in our home. For diabetics, pricking the fingertip is uncomfortable and painful because glucose levels need to be measured often at home or depending on the situation anywhere. The use of a small appliance is crucial for health because it provides stable blood sugar levels, which slows down the development of more serious complications in the long run. This frustrates and limits everyone because many people are reluctant to use this device in public. The fingertips are often painful and with cuts and sometimes a person cannot stop the bleeding from the finger. However, all this is insignificant if you imagine that it is everything that happens in relation to what the patient gets – better health. It is a good idea to have a health booklet or any prescription for medicines in case of side effects (loss of consciousness in a public place) when doctors and ambulance staff or a bystander can help and save your life. This is especially important in patients whose signs of the disease are almost unrecognizable or become less recognizable over the years (high or low blood pressure, diabetes, etc.).
11. Love overcomes any limitation — people with any limitation often think that the limitation can adversely affect and / or even prevent stable and quality relationships, relationships with partners, friends, acquaintances, and relatives. People most often hesitate to have an open conversation on this sensitive topic because they are afraid of people’s reactions. Then the restriction is really an obstacle in life. If another person is afraid of establishing any kind of relationship with a person who has a limitation or some long-term and difficult problem (health or other), that person should not be blamed for such an attitude. When emotions are strong and strong enough and a person with limitations behaves responsibly and realistically then love overcomes all obstacles and every kind of prejudice in life.