Back in the 1960s, scientists explained and claimed that migraines and severe headaches were caused by impaired production of the hormone of happiness (serotonin). Namely, improper secretion of happiness hormones is one of the causes of severe and horny headaches. Changes in serotonin levels affect women more than men. Women also make their condition worse with rigorous diets. To activate the hormones of happiness, it is necessary to enrich the diet with foods with tryptophan (an amino acid that is not produced by the body). This food is found in foods (chicken, offal especially heart, hard cheese, eggs, soy, pumpkin seeds, sesame, flaxseed, peeled sunflower seeds, tuna, pistachios, almonds and chia seeds). After a few days, the hormone of happiness will increase and the headaches will gradually disappear. It is important to eat one to two servings of tryptophan-rich protein daily.
For severe headaches, tablets are a short-term solution, although you should always seek help in a long-term solution. The essence is that experts say that the organism should have a balance of the hormones of happiness and the amino acid tryptophan. Tryptophan should be collected in the body. This is regulated for a period of a month or two with proper nutrition. Stress can increase the frequency and severity of headaches, although it is not the main cause of chronic headaches.
The secretion of happiness hormones also stimulates:
- Regular and moderate physical activity that speeds up the pulse.
- Stay outdoors for a minimum of 30 minutes in fresh air and daylight even when there is no sun or light therapy.
- The above foods are rich in tryptophan and folic acid (chicken and beef liver, cod liver, quinoa, soy, broccoli, beans, spinach, parsley root, flaxseed, sesame, cauliflower, asparagus, cleaned sunflower seeds) and votamirin B3 liver, tuna, beef, salmon, chicken, turkey, sun-dried tomatoes, mackerel, beef, pork, mushrooms, brown rice, sesame, wheat).
- Carbohydrates (porridge with vegetable oil and butter, gluten-free durum wheat macaroni, fruit) are necessary for the activation of tryptophan.
- Choose a dish to your liking for example fruit for dessert, salad with vegetables and chicken for lunch and buckwheat with chicken and vegetables for one meal.