Basic blends of essential oils for elk and massage oils (or bath oils)
Before using the essential oil (for massage or bath or inhalation), it is necessary to dilute the oil concentrate in a suitable substance. This substance is called essential oil or “carrier” in aromatherapy.
Massage base oil – very high quality and cold pressed vegetable oil is used for massage. It can be almond, sunflower or grapefruit basket oil.
Bath Essential Oil – Mix essential oil into a restless lotion or bath foam liquid. Then pour the mixture into the water. Mix the oil with the carrier according to the stated proportions. Do not add more than the specified amount of essential oil. It does not increase the effect of the essential oil base concentrate.
Standard bath mixture: 30 drops of essential oil in 20 small spoons of base oil (carrier).
Bath mixture for younger and older people and people in poor health: 16 drops of essential oil with 20 small spoons of base oil (carrier).
Bath mixture for children under 2 years: 8 drops of essential oil with 20 small spoons of base oil (carrier).
Massage oil: 8-12 drops of pure essential oil with 6-8 small spoons of base oil (carrier).
Special warnings before using essential oils in aromatherapy
Pure essential oils can help with skin problems. They may be absorbed into the blood. This is how they work in the whole organism. Some synthetic oils can cause skin reactions and trigger an asthma attack. Use the purest essential oil you can get / buy. This will achieve maximum efficiency and reduce any risk.
People who have more sensitive skin, epilepsy, high blood pressure, recently operated on people need advice from qualified practitioners before use. This is necessary to check the essential oils and safety for each individual. Pregnant women should avoid certain essential oils. Advice from an experienced and qualified aromatherapist is always welcome in case of any doubt.
The following essential oils should be avoided during the first 20 weeks of pregnancy:
- Basil (Ocimum basilicum)
- Cedar (Cedrus atlantica)
- Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens)
- Kajeput (Melaleuca leucadendron)
- Commyphora myrrha
- Red sage (Salvia sclarea)
- Melaleuca viridiflora
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
The following essential oils should be avoided throughout pregnancy:
- Angelica (Angelica archangelica)
- Anise seeds (Pimpinella anisum)
- Juniper (Juniperus communis)
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- Hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis)
- Camphor tree (Cinnamomum Camphora)
- Kim (Carvum carvi)
- Carnation (Eugenia caryophyllata)
- Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare)
- Mint (Mentha pulegium)
- Oregano (Origanum vulgare)
- Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans)
- Parsley (Petroselinum crispum)
- Snake grass (Artemisia dracunculus)
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
- Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus)
- Chubar (Satureia montana)