Buy essential oils from a reputable supplier / retailer. Seek advice from experienced aromatherapists before making your first purchase.
- Keep essential oils in a cool place.
- Keep the essential oils in tightly closed glass bottles made of dark glass.
- When buying essential oils for the first time, choose the oils you need to treat the symptoms of your ailments. Make a list of the essential oils you need according to your needs.
- Before applying the essential oil for bath or massage, be sure to dilute the oil in the base oil (carrier). In an appropriate exchange (Part Two), mix the essential oils / concentrate with the carrier oil or lotion.
- Prepare in advance a quantity that will be sufficient for multiple uses.
- If your ailments / health condition do not improve after using the oil or mixture you have chosen then seek additional advice from experienced / qualified aromatherapists.
Inhalation-is the fastest way by which the essential oil can reach the blood. Inhalation can be done in 2 ways:
- Drop a few drops of volatile oil on the cloth. Put the cloth on your nose and inhale.
- Drop one or two drops of essential oil into a bowl of boiling water. Cover your head with a larger towel and cover the entire bowl. Inhale the steam for up to 5 minutes.
- You can repeat each of these inhalation procedures up to 3 times a day as needed.
- You can use the selected essential oil for a scented lamp. Note that the oil concentration in the lamp method is lower, so this method is more suitable for calming and improving mood.
Bathing in water with a certain amount of essential oil is one of the simplest ways to absorb the oil into the body. Use about 10 teaspoons of essential oil to which you have added essential oil in the recommended proportion. If you add the essential oil to the bath without the base oil (carrier) then such oil will float on the surface of the water which reduces the therapeutic effect. Stir the water well to disperse the oil. Close the windows and doors of the bathroom and relax in the bath for 10 minutes.