Valerianella or Latin Valerianella Locusta is a green (salad) or ideal spring salad for strengthening and purifying the body. This delicious herbaceous plant is harvested as a salad in early spring. An old source of vitamin C, beta-carotene, iron and potassium. It contains significant amounts of phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, folic acid and B vitamins.
- Such a rich combination of nutrients improves the blood picture. Contributes to the health of the cardiovascular system.
- The plant is known for its calming effect on the nervous system. The plant is excellent as a simple fresh salad.
- This herbaceous plant goes well with other vegetables (tomatoes, potatoes, chicory, lentils and celery).
- The plant can be combined with apples, nuts, seeds, cheese, eggs. The plant can be enriched with herbs (parsley and basil).
- The plant is easily grown in the garden or on balconies. This is a very resistant plant. It reproduces easily.
- Wild Valerianella Locusta is a special delicacy. It is widespread in meadows, orchards and vineyards.
- When picking wild and wild plants, pickers should avoid areas treated with pesticides.
- The plant is tastier if it is younger. Harvesting is recommended as soon as the leaves begin to form into bushes (rosettes).
- The leaves should not be plucked with the roots. The leaves should only be cut with a small knife. Thus, new shoots of the plant develop rapidly.