6 holistic tips for proper skin care
- The recommendation of the American Medical Institute is that women should drink at least 9 cups of clean and plain water a day. It is the best way to rehydrate the skin.
- Research shows that 20-25% of water a day can be obtained by eating and consuming fruits, vegetables and soups. Fruits, vegetables and soups are some of the most hydrating foods. In general, foods rich in water are useful for establishing normal skin hydration.
- The use of a humidifier is preferred. The device should achieve about 60% humidity. This is enough to replenish the lost moisture in the upper layer of the skin.
- One shower per day or one bath per day for 5-10 minutes. Frequent and prolonged showering / bathing can lead to the removal of most of the oily layer of the skin and be the cause of moisture loss. Hot water washes out natural oils, so it is preferable to use warm water.
- It is desirable to minimize the use of soap and avoid products with sulfates, alcohol, artificial fragrances, retinol and alpha-hydroxy acid. Bath sponges, skin scrub brushes and skin washcloths should be used very sparingly with light touches on the skin or in no way to damage the skin. After showering / bathing, it is advisable to wipe the skin with a light tap instead of (rough) rubbing.
- Applying lotion or moisturizer after showering will block the spaces between the cells and trap the already existing skin moisture.