A patient person who knows how to be silent when he needs to and knows how to say arguments can always oppose verbal provocations from known (relatives, neighbors, colleagues, business partners) and unknown people (person at the counter, in public transport, in the ranks of people in shops and the like) ). There are tips that help a person to be less vulnerable and maintain mental and physical health and to achieve positive results in daily communication with other people.
- When we understand ourselves then we understand other people better. When a person often uses too strong words and negative claims / qualifications — then he is an actor in communicative aggression. It is recommended to avoid any conflicts with offensive and poisonous words, and negative qualifications towards other people. One should solve (or attack) the problem not a person and be a constructive and positive person whenever possible.
- It is always good to choose silence-some people really like to spread gossip and untruths, twist facts- One should stay away from such people or these people should be avoided whenever possible. If a person is silent but with a smile on his face then he will be above an awkward situation. Manipulators like to have partners in the discussion so try to avoid such people.
- Situations that seem unsolvable — then the person needs to set boundaries. You should actively listen to all relevant participants in the discussion / event / situation and have thoughtful answers. A person who gets annoyed is a vulnerable person. A person who gets annoyed can quickly say what he doesn’t really mean. It is necessary to keep calm. A calm person understands other people’s arguments best and can analyze the situation very well and come to the right conclusion. One should be brave and resist pressure but in a reasonable way to preserve dignity without insulting other people.
- Sometimes one conversation is not enough for a complicated situation – some people find it difficult to give up wrong beliefs that are harmful to the interlocutor / other party. Sometimes the other side really cares about these people so they don’t give up on them. Then you need patience and a clear goal. It is necessary to repeat the facts sometimes until it reaches the other side. Patience requires built self-confidence and self-esteem and good nerves. Self-esteem and self-confidence are built by preserving personal integrity and without insults, and we reasonably oppose aggressive people.
- Tips are always worth gold, so there is a term “golden tips” – other people have different experiences. It is always good to hear other people’s advice and other experiences. If you are upset then seek advice from calm people who are not prone to conflict and solve problems in peaceful ways. Talking doesn’t help if you’re talking to people who will upset you even more and respond to counter-arguments at all costs. A great choice is often a compromise when all parties involved in the problem / conflict give in.