Proper breathing and effective bee buzzing technique
Breathing is a direct physical connection between the body and the world. With controlled breathing, complex emotional and cognitive processes can be controlled. Proper breathing establishes peace and balance of the body with the environment.
- Inhalation is important — during inhalation, the flow of air should not be interrupted to fill the lungs evenly and continuously with fresh air.
- After a deep breath you should hold your breath for a few moments but not too long.
- Exhalation is important – and exhalation should be uninterrupted. Exhalation can be a little faster than inhaling although a person should try to do both processes in a balanced way.
- It is a copy of the second phase with the pause being made while the lungs are out of breath (after exhalation).
- Breath should not be held for too long. The breathing technique should be corrected according to your own feeling in the body.
- There is no universal time for any phase. The most important thing is to find the intervals and intensity of breathing that brings the body the most peace and composure during the process.
The bee buzzing technique is popular among people who practice yoga. The technique is named after the great black bumblebee (Bhramari pranayama). It is performed in such a way that a person makes a quiet sound that resembles the buzzing of bees or bumblebees.
- The bee buzzing technique is best performed in the morning or at night when it is calmest and quietest. It is important to practice this technique on an empty stomach. If you do the technique in the evening – do it a few hours after a meal so that the body does not spend energy on digesting food.
- The bee buzzing technique is considered to be one of the few techniques in yoga that simultaneously associates breathing with sound and body position.
- During the breathing process, the body becomes a resonator. Vibrations created by the production of a specific sound (like a bee) – stimulate all parts of the body and bring a person into a state of relaxation and meditation.
- The position should be lying down and sitting on a chair or floor. The most important thing is to have a comfortable position in which nothing interferes with breathing or concentration. For people who want to do the bee buzzing technique on the floor, it is advisable to place a pillow or blanket to make the position more comfortable.
- The duration of inhalation and exhalation can be changed according to the body’s reaction to the bee buzzing technique. The body should not be forced or strained beyond the limits of endurance. You can apply this technique at any time and in any location. For example, in line to wait in front of the counter, before bed and the like.
- The “bee buzzing” breathing technique is very simple. You need to exhale and exhale deeply. During exhalation, let the sound you emit vibrate by mimicking bees / the sound of bees buzzing. The teeth of the upper jaw and the lower jaw should be slightly separated to better mimic the sound of bees buzzing. Facial muscles and other body muscles to be relaxed.
- Thus, the vibration created by the creation of sound (similar to a bumblebee’s flight) will be transmitted evenly throughout the body. This vibration will have a relaxing and meditative effect on the body.
- By inhaling and exhaling in this technique, air flows through both nostrils while the mouth is closed. Let the inhale last 4 seconds and the exhale 5 seconds to start. The duration of inhalation and exhalation can vary depending on the change of the body with the application of this breathing technique.
- If you feel that the bee buzzing technique is not appropriate – you should stop immediately and resume normal breathing. Be sure to keep your eyes open while your mouth is closed.
- You should not strain the eyelids or other muscles on the body. Avoid pausing between inhaling and exhaling but claim that exhaling lasts longer than inhaling. This will be easy because the sound produced by the release of air has a therapeutic effect. This sound easily conquers and encourages the individual to continue producing this sound.
- The bee buzzing technique can be performed in a sitting or lying position, a few times after waking up or just before bed will be quite sufficient. This technique is an ally of people in the fight against insomnia. One of the advantages is the calming (and soothing) effect of the sound produced during the performance of the technique. The Bhramari technique is recommended for people who have trouble sleeping.
- This technique relieves tension and stress. It brings the body into balance and frees the mind from negative thoughts. Practicing this technique releases the serotonin-happiness hormone. This technique helps reduce headaches, migraines, bad moods and insomnia. The technique brings the human mind into a pure and self-conscious state, strengthens self-confidence while directing attention to the inside of the individual.