16 September 2021
Who may enter
The competition is open to people from age 13 and up, both amateur and professional photographers.
The competition is organised by the SPIE. The international society for optics and photonics located in Bellingham, USA.
The theme of the photo contest is: A World of Light–The Vital Role That Light and Light-Based Technologies Play in Daily Life.
“ Examples of content includes, but is not exclusive to, artistic images that depict:
• Light technology such as lasers, LEDs, etc.
• Various properties of light and how it interacts with the atmosphere and materials
• Images created with light technology such as telescopes and microscopes
• People interacting with light and/or light technology
Each person may submit a maximum of two photos.
The competition is free to enter.
• 1st Place: US $2,500
• 2nd Place: US $1,000
• 3rd Place: US $500
• Two Technology and Science Prizes: US $750 each
• Youth category (ages 13 – 17): Surprise gift box of SPIE merchandise
For further information visit the official competition website.