Turmeric is a spice that can be part of the daily menu
Turmeric is a popular oriental spice. It has an unusual taste and can be included in the daily menu.
- Turmeric root can be wrapped in a piece of baking paper (or newspaper) and kept in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. The root wrapped in this way in the freezer can stand for up to 3 months. Frozen root is even easier to transplant than fresh root.
- It has been scientifically proven that turmeric lowers blood pressure and blood glucose levels. Therefore, this spice should not be taken in quantities / doses higher than the recommended dose. In the first period, blood glucose levels and blood pressure should be checked more frequently to adjust medication doses to the appropriate amount of spices in meals.
- In addition to helping control blood sugar, this spice tones and refreshes the body.
- People who use turmeric regularly feel more vital, fresher and more energetic.
- Research says that this spice contains several hundred useful active ingredients. Of these useful ingredients, as many as 20 have an antibiotic effect, 14 ingredients have an anticancer effect, 12 have an antitumor effect, 12 have an anti-inflammatory effect and 10 ingredients have an antioxidant effect.
- Turmeric has a complex medicinal composition, so it protects the heart, lowers blood pressure, has an anti-inflammatory effect, accelerates wound healing.
- It lowers the level of free fatty acids in the body which reduce the sensitivity of cells to insulin. It is an effective ally in the fight against cells with insulin resistance.
- Affects the normalization of glucose and HbA1C (glycosylated hemoglobin) levels in the blood. For people with pre-diabetes, it reduces the risk of developing diabetes.
- The simplest way to use it is to add turmeric to various beverages. A useful and healthy drink is made from turmeric, ginger and orange. It boosts metabolism, strengthens defenses and reduces the risk of infections.
- You can make lemonade with turmeric which should be drunk immediately as it loses its aroma and healing properties when standing. Pour 2 dcl of water and the juice of one lemon into a glass, add half a teaspoon of cinnamon, half a teaspoon of turmeric and ¼ teaspoons of anise powder.