5 types of foods that reduce depression, stress, panic and discomfort
The combination and use of certain foods can contribute to better mental health and significantly reduce mild depression, feelings of discomfort, high stress, panic, anxiety, general tension and feelings of fear. Use foods that nourish the brain.
- All types of shellfish because they are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, iodine and zinc.
- Green leafy vegetables – cabbage, spinach, kale, lettuce and other types of green leafy vegetables are a rich source of phytonutrients. They alleviate inflammatory processes. They are an excellent source of magnesium.
- Fermented foods – sauerkraut, kimchi, yogurt, kefir are sources of probiotics. They reflect a healthy connection between the brain and the digestive system.
- Dark chocolate – contains a lot of iron and antioxidants.
- Vegetables with a wide range of colors, grilled vegetables are easy to digest.
Nutrition is important for the prevention and treatment of psychological medical conditions / disorders (depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, etc.). Nutritional psychiatry deals with this topic. Scientific findings say that there is a close connection between a certain diet and brain health. A diet for the brain with the right nutrients contributes to better cognitive abilities and mood enhancement. Highly processed foods do not provide the brain with enough nutrients for optimal function. That is why in recent years, in the field of psychiatry, the concept of the idea of the influence of food on mood has been increasingly accepted.