5 natural ways to dye your hair
In times of economic crisis and lack of money, many ingredients from the kitchen and nature can be used for natural hair coloring.
- Raspberry-herbal solution of raspberry leaves with potassium is an excellent natural hair dye. You can also use water with soaked raspberry leaves after shampooing your hair. Strengthens the scalp. Stimulates hair growth. Potassium is bought in pharmacies.
- Chestnut – autumn is the period when people consume boiled and roasted chestnuts en masse. Chestnut dyes quite solidly and strengthens hair. Soak 1 kilogram of tame or wild chestnut in a large pot of water. Leave overnight. The water will turn brown in the morning. Use for washing hair. You also use chestnut water regularly to rinse your hair after shampooing. After repeated use, the hair will get a brown chestnut color.
- Henna is a natural color for coloring and toning hair. The henna packaging is a bag that contains a fine green powder. The base color is orange-red. You can usually buy brown, neutral, black and brown (with red shades). By using henna, the hair is healthy and shiny. Henna nourishes and strengthens the hair structure because it binds to keratin, filling in damage to the hair. It closes the hair cuticle preventing harmful effects to the hair core. Henna is not recommended for chemically treated hair because it does not give results. This is a great solution for people who are allergic to classic hair dyes. The pigments do not stick to the hair, but the henna combines with the keratin in the hair. The hair becomes smooth, soft and silky. Henna has the effect of reducing the production of sebum, which is the “main culprit” for oily hair. It also maintains the pH level of the scalp in balance. Henna is great for fighting dandruff, because it contains antibacterial ingredients that reduce dandruff, itching and burning of the scalp. Makes hair and threads healthier. Henna also has the effect of reducing hair loss because it strengthens and nourishes the hair root. Henna is a permanent and lasting color. It can be used for an unlimited number of repetitions. With each subsequent procedure, the intensity of the color is intensified and enriched. It is enough to keep the classic dye on the hair for 30-45 minutes to achieve the desired effects. Henna should be on the hair for at least 2 to 3 hours (before rinsing the hair with water) for successful results. Henna cannot be used to dye chemically treated hair. For re-dyeing natural strands and even color – henna is not a good solution. Even after coloring the entire surface, the hair will still be tinted: lighter strands will have a more pronounced color, while dark ones will become even darker. Although henna for hair is available in several shades, the range of colors is not as wide as for dyes. Almost all shades have a reddish tinge. Henna achieves less visible color changes. This color is not intended for those who often experiment with hair and want dramatic results. It is not a good choice for a lighter hair shade than natural hair color. Dyeing blonde hair with black henna can cause green tones. Hair treated with henna can hardly be dyed with chemical dyes or hydrogen. Even paint removers are ineffective in removing unwanted shades, because the paint does not wash off. It can be repainted with a darker shade of henna. The dyeing process is not overly complicated, but it usually takes longer than the usual dyeing. The best results are achieved if the coloring is done on completely clean (previously washed and dried) hair, unlike the classic coloring. Recipe for hair coloring: It is necessary, first, to mix henna powder with lukewarm water in a suitable container, until a thick, mud-like texture is achieved. It is best to wait for the mixture to stand for a few hours, and only then use it. Comb your hair well, then apply the mixture with a coloring brush – from the roots to the ends of the hair. Then wrap the head with foil and leave the canoe to act for a few hours, depending on the intensity of the color you want to achieve. In the end, it is necessary to carefully and thoroughly wash your hair with water, without shampoo. Henna has the ability to color, nourish and tone hair. To maintain your own hair color that will be soft and shiny – it is desirable to use neutral henna. This is the best way to recover hair from previous treatments.
- Leaves with dark and brown shades – collect fallen brown and dark leaves. Wash the leaves beforehand. Soak the leaves in water overnight. Rinse this hair with water after shampooing. Use water for regular hair washing. It is necessary to repeat the procedure several times for the desired result.
- Cherry – a herbal solution of cherry leaves with potassium is also a natural hair dye. You can also use water with soaked cherry leaves (for rinsing your hair) after shampooing your hair. Strengthens the scalp. Stimulates hair growth. Potassium is bought in pharmacies.