Horseradish is a vegetable with the effect of antibiotics
Horseradish is a vegetable that we buy fresh in the market, while dried horseradish can be found in all stores. Herbalists believe that horseradish essential oils (phytoncides) can neutralize pathogenic microbes. Horseradish contains more vitamin C than lemon and orange. Vegetables are rich in potassium and calcium salts, carotene and phosphorus. Fresh horseradish juice contains the enzyme lysozyme (antibacterial substance) which has the effect of antibiotics. In healthy people, this enzyme is enough (in saliva, tears, mucous membranes of the oral cavity and eyes). In patients, this enzyme is destroyed and the person is more exposed to pathogenic microbes. Horseradish replenishes lysozyme stores.
- Horseradish balm is useful. Mix a small spoonful of honey, a small spoonful of grated horseradish with a little water. Consume one small spoon before meals.
- Lovers of various foods say that horseradish is useful in the months beginning with the letter “h” or “r” (September).
- Nutritionists believe that horseradish should be introduced into the diet during autumn and winter, because then the properties of this vegetable are most pronounced.
- Put horseradish compresses on your feet and both knees if you have the flu or cold.
- An aqueous solution with grated horseradish root is excellent for angina and sore throat. Rinse throat with this solution. The inflammatory process of the mucous membrane and the oral cavity can be rinsed with an aqueous solution of horseradish root.
- Fresh horseradish juice is used for the inflammatory process of the ears (chronic othytis). Put 2 to 3 drops of this juice in both ear cavities.
- For back pain, apply a compress with grated horseradish and apple. Apple is added to reduce tingling. Sour cream can be used instead of apples. The ratio of horseradish to apple is 1: 1. This mixture helps against cough and arthritis.
- Grate the horseradish root and pour over the water in a ratio of 1: 1. Add the juice of one beetroot, one carrot, one lemon and one cup of honey. This mixture resolves high blood pressure. Keep in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Eat one tablespoon half an hour before meals three times a day.
- For inflammatory processes of bones, muscle tissue, joints, use horseradish powder. Mix dried horseradish root and warm water. Stir until you get a homogeneous slurry. Use this powder as needed. The powder does not lose its medicinal properties even after two to three years of storage.
- Mix the juice of 3 lemons and about 150 branches of grated horseradish. Keep refrigerated for a maximum of seven days. It is useful for expelling toxins from the liver and body, ie for cleansing the body. Take in the morning on an empty stomach half an hour before meals. In the first days, uncontrolled secretion of tears from the eyes can occur. However, continue the procedure until the watery eyes stop. This means that the toxins have come out of the body. For a stronger effect, it is recommended to use carrot juice a few days before this procedure. The drink is a strong diuretic that has a quick effect.