6 natural antidepressants (herbs) that improve mood
Here are just some of the medicinal plants with antidepressant effects that quickly and effectively strengthen the positive mood.
- Linden-linden tea is a natural relaxant. It is one of the natural teas that can be used indefinitely. It can be a daily drink against nervous tension, anxiety, irritability, insomnia and mental problems due to menopause. Tea also has a relaxing effect when added to bath water. Pour one tablespoon of finely chopped linden flowers with a cup of boiling water. Leave covered for about half an hour. Add linden honey if desired.
- Chamomile-is often used in the treatment of mild forms of depression because it relaxes, suppresses discomfort, restlessness, anger and rage. Soothes and relieves mental tension. The flavonoid apigenin from the composition of chamomile has a calming effect. The use of chamomile has been proven to raise the level of glycine in the body (glycine is an amino acid that relaxes nerves and muscles). The most popular natural remedy for insomnia is a cup of tea before bed. The tea is mild without any unpleasant side effects and is suitable for all age groups, even children.
- Lavender is a Mediterranean plant with beneficial effects against depression, anxiety, heart palpitations, neurasthenia, hysteria, migraines, nervous exhaustion and insomnia. Relaxing hooks and lavender essential oils give a peaceful sleep. The tea is made from dried lavender flowers and almost instantly removes nervousness and anxiety. Lavender has been found to alleviate the unpleasant side effects of treatment with synthetic antidepressants. Therefore, it is often used as an adjunct in the treatment of depression. Pour one tablespoon of lavender with one cup of boiling water. Leave covered for about 20 minutes before use.
- Gingko biloba-is the oldest surviving tree species on planet earth. The ancient Chinese considered Gingko biloba a sacred tree. This is an effective tree for treating mild to moderate depression. Studies say that ginkgo biloba extract raises the level of happiness hormones by as much as 33%. This plant is also called “fairy hair” because it improves blood flow to the brain. It thus alleviates the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and depression caused by the aging of brain cells. Tincture and capsules with ginkgo biloba can be found on sale.
- Hops is a well-known natural sedative. That is why it is widely used to treat diseases of the nervous system. Hop extract works effectively for mild depressive ailments, anxiety, irritability, tension and insomnia. Hops contain a high percentage of estrogen-like hormones, so it is recommended for women during the menopause and to alleviate the pre-menstrual cycle. Tea and hop tincture are used. Sleeping pillows are also filled with hops. Pour one tablespoon of hops with one cup of boiling water. Leave covered for about half an hour. Linden honey can be added.
- Passionflower has anxiolytic, myoclaxant and mild hypnotic effects. Therefore is often used to relieve mental problems. It is recommended against anxiety, hysteria, hypertension, tachycardia, migraine, insomnia and gastrointestinal problems caused by stress. It is often combined with other herbs that have a sedative effect. Pour one tablespoon of finely chopped passionflower flowers with one cup of boiling water. Leave for half an hour. Add linden honey.
Emilia Food Love Contact:
Via Camillo Prampolini, 51
42020 Quattro Castella – Italy
Toll Free: +39 800 98 42 42
Direct: +39 0522 160 7119