Sauerkraut is especially useful for children, the elderly and people with weaker immunity
It is a known fact that 100 g of raw sauerkraut has as much as 20 mg of vitamin C. Sauerkraut also contains vitamin A, folic acid, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, sodium, fiber and protein. It is an excellent source of vitamin B12, so it is recommended for vegetarians and vegans. Red cabbage is 7 times more medicinal than white cabbage and also contains medicinal anthocyanins (hence the red color). Sauerkraut contains probiotic bacteria which distinguishes it from white cabbage. It is an original fermented food naturally rich in probiotic cultures. Therefore, sauerkraut is very important in the treatment of diseases caused by imbalance of the intestinal flora, especially after antibiotic therapy or chemotherapy.
- It has a beneficial effect on the stomach and intestines, on the intestinal microflora and peristalsis, thus favoring digestion. Helps digest fatty meals.
- Accelerates metabolism with the excretion of harmful substances and cleanses and regenerates the liver. It cleanses the blood, slows down aging and strengthens the body’s resistance.
- Sauerkraut promotes wound healing, acts against rheumatism and inflammatory processes of veins. It can be used topically to relieve itchy skin due to various allergic reactions, minor burns and insect bites (especially bees and wasps). Apply an acid leaf compress to the affected area. Wrap with a bandage or gauze.
- Put a leaf of sauerkraut on your forehead against headaches. Wrap with gauze.
- To lift your mood and general good health, eat 2 to 3 tablespoons of grated sauerkraut every day. People who consume a lot of sauerkraut are stronger and more resistant. That is why sauerkraut is recommended for children, the elderly and people with weaker immunity.
- Sauerkraut juice has a lot of vitamins C, E, K and B and vitamin U (one of the rarest vitamins) which is important for the treatment of duodenal or stomach ulcers.
- There is a folk recipe for treating deafness using sauerkraut juice. Before going to bed, dip a cotton ball in this juice and put it in your ear. So sleep. In the morning, remove the cotton wool from the ear.
- Sauerkraut juice works against bacteria, fungi. It protects against inflamed processes, helps with ulcers and cures hangovers.
Three-day diet with sauerkraut:
With this type of diet, you can lose up to 3 kilograms in 3 days. In doing so, the organism is detoxified. On the first day, eat up to a kilo and a half of sauerkraut distributed in daily meals. Drink plenty of water with a few drops of lemon. The next day for a snack eat up to a pound, one slice of bread and a few tablespoons of cottage cheese. For lunch, repeat the morning meal and add one diced apple. For dinner, add two boiled potatoes, 5 g of butter, a little onion and cumin (or some other spice) to the cabbage, and cut everything in a pan. On the third day, combine the ingredients from the first two days according to your own preferences.
Recipe for homemade sauerkraut: Arrange a row of sliced cabbage, salt and spices in a plastic barrel (for example, peppercorns, cumin, chamomile, grapes, apples or small pieces of quince for a yellow color). Continue like this until you have consumed 15 kg of cabbage. Pour water over everything until the water covers the cabbage. Seal tightly. Keep the cabbage initially at room temperature for a month until the cabbage is pickled. Then move the barrels with cabbage to a cool place (basement, pantry, balcony). Keep at a temperature not exceeding 5 ° C. If the barrel is not filled to the top then place on the cabbage a larger and washed stone or a nylon bag with water as a weight to press the cabbage in the barrel.