10 health problems that apple cider vinegar solves (with recipes)
Apple cider vinegar is primarily a food product. The basic ingredient is acetic acid. The advantage of homemade apple cider vinegar over industrial (white) is the content of useful malic acid, other acids, minerals, vitamins and essential amino acids, and potassium. Apple cider vinegar, wine vinegar and alcoholic vinegar are essential foods for human consumption as apple cider vinegar is the healthiest product. Therefore, it is often used for medicinal purposes.
- Acne Treatment- According to the American Dermatologists Association as many as 50% of young people under the age of 20 have acne, and many people later. Alpha hydroxy acid from vinegar helps remove dead skin cells, which clog pores and cause acne. Apple cider vinegar also helps to establish a good pH of the skin, which is important for facial cleanliness. Recipe: mix the same amount of apple cider vinegar and water and add a little honey. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water. Use this mask once a week in the evening if possible. You can also add one or two small spoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink every two glasses for a healthier skin tone.
- Relieves Arthritis- Arthritis is a general term for over 100 conditions that cause an inflammatory condition of the joints. Some of the conditions are accompanied by pain, stiffness, swelling and redness of the joints. Apple cider vinegar has an anti-inflammatory effect. Apple cider vinegar is alkaline so it solves pain and stiffness. Recipe: add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, one tablespoon of honey and a little cinnamon to a glass of boiled water. Drink twice a day.
- Helps in weight loss-overweight and obesity greatly increase the risk of diabetes and heart disease. Acetic acid from vinegar prevents the accumulation of fat in the body, while vinegar can stimulate some genes responsible for suppressing fat deposits (especially in the abdomen). A 2009 study showed that apple cider vinegar reduced girth and weight with a decrease in triglyceride levels. Daily intake can slow down the metabolism and thus reduce weight. A study from 2014 says that vinegar or acids from vinegar affect the center in the brain in charge of appetite control. Recipe: Mix two tablespoons of vinegar in a glass of water. Drink twice a day.
- Helps with polycystic ovary syndrome-polycystic ovaries are the most common hormonal disorder in women and girls (especially between 14 and 44 years of age). According to the American Center for Disease Prevention and Treatment, polycystic ovaries are the most common cause of female infertility. Apple cider vinegar helps to preserve ovarian function, so in women with polycystic ovaries it increases sensitivity to insulin, so the use of medications can be avoided. Recipe: drink a mixture of water and 2 tablespoons of vinegar twice a day for several weeks, and the proportion of vinegar can be increased to two tablespoons.
- Cholesterol lowering – Apple cider vinegar has been proven to reduce the level of total cholesterol and triglycerides. Recipe: Drink water mixed with apple cider vinegar 2-3 times a day for at least a month and you will feel the results.
- Control of blood sugar content – apple cider vinegar helps diabetics but also pregnant women who suffer from gestational diabetes because they have an increased risk of type 2 diabetes. This was proven by a study from 2017 published in the professional journal PLOS ONE. Namely, women with gestational diabetes are as much as 10 times more likely to develop type 2 diabetes. Apple cider vinegar can help keep blood sugar levels under control because it increases insulin sensitivity. A 2004 study says that apple cider vinegar can help neutralize postprandial insulin (because it suppresses disaccharidase activity with acetic acid and stimulates the production of glucose-6-phosphate, which collects in bones and muscles). Another study says that two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in the morning reduce the blood sugar content by 4%. A 2017 study published in Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice says that vinegar effectively lowers blood glucose and insulin, so it is recommended as an aid in glycemic control.
- Relieves the symptoms of menopause-Menopause is an important period in the life of every woman the most because it ends the reproductive age. Many women then experience accompanying symptoms (heat attacks, night sweats, urinary tract infections, frequent headaches, and painful or swollen joints). Many of these symptoms can be stopped with apple cider vinegar. Recipe: twice a day, drink a glass of boiled water with 2 tablespoons of vinegar until the symptoms decrease.
- Relieves itching in inflammatory conditions of the female genital organ-women of all ages sometimes have itching problems that can cause infections, menopause and vaginal dryness, sexually transmitted diseases and chemical reactions. Itching, stinging and irritation in the area can be very irritating. Due to its antibacterial and antifungal effects, apple cider vinegar helps fight infections that cause it. Helps maintain natural pH balance. It strengthens immunity and stimulates the formation of good bacteria in the intestines and the female genital organ.
- Reduces PMS symptoms — almost 75% of women during PMS every month eat the discomfort of at least one condition that comes with that condition. PMS is associated with various problems (swelling, water retention, cramps, mood swings, increased appetite, stomach upset, acne, breast swelling with fatigue, digestive problems). Apple cider vinegar suppresses most of these problems. Recipe: once or twice a day, drink a glass of boiled water with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Hair is shiny and healthy — for most women, shiny and healthy hair is a sign of beauty and confidence. Apple cider vinegar with ingredients helps the hair to recover from styling products, hair dyes, shampoos. It helps maintain the natural pH of the scalp which prevents thinning, drying and cracking of the hair. It works against fungi and bacteria and thus prevents itching and drying of the scalp. Recipe: mix a quarter cup of vinegar with two cups of water. Drizzle your hair after shampooing. Massage into hair and scalp. Leave for 5 minutes and rinse. Use the procedure once a week.