9 types of fruits and vegetables that lower blood pressure
Some fruits and vegetables can help lower high blood pressure or be a prevention of hypertension.
- Beetroot-contains a large amount of vitamin C, B vitamins, phosphorus, iron, copper and slime. Beetroot juice is a great helper against high blood pressure. Keep the juice in the fridge for a while (after squeezing) because then it is even better.
- Orange is another great food for lowering blood pressure. It contains a lot of vitamin C and helps the body get rid of excess sodium. It is sodium that leads to fluid retention in the body.
- Potato is one of the important types of vegetables for maintaining the health of blood vessels and heart because it contains potassium, magnesium and vitamin C.
- Almonds are an excellent source of beneficial fats that lower blood pressure. Regular consumption of almonds helps normalize cholesterol and can support blood vessels.
- Spinach-contains a lot of magnesium which relaxes blood vessels which lowers blood pressure and strain on the heart.
- Broccoli – is a great support for the nervous system and blood vessels. It contains a lot of vitamin C, magnesium, calcium, potassium and fiber. About 200 g of this vegetable is added daily. This vegetable contains glutamic acid which lowers blood pressure.
- Celery-reduces the secretion of stress hormones (which constrict blood vessels and raise blood pressure). It is best to eat fresh celery leaves or make a smoothie.
- Red pepper-has more vitamin C than pomegranate. Celery and red pepper have a high content of ascorbic acid and contribute to better functioning of the cardiovascular system.
- Legumes – contain a lot of soluble fiber, magnesium, potassium, which is necessary to lower blood pressure.