7 tips on nutrition for school-age children without fear of gastritis
Important: Dishes in which food for school-age children is cooked should preferably be boiled using disinfectants.
Today’s school-age child has a lot of responsibilities. It is important for parents that the child has a good grade point average in school. It is desirable to pay attention to the nutrition of the school child, because that way the health problems with the digestive system will disappear. Today’s school-age children have gastritis in a much higher percentage than other diseases. In recent years, a new term “school gastritis” has appeared. Statistics say that every other schoolboy has gastritis, duodenitis or some other disease of the digestive system.
- School canteen – with the change of seasons, there is a worsening of gastritis in school-age children. Most children avoid breakfast and food in most school canteens is often monotonous. A hot breakfast or snack is mostly replaced with a piece of pizza or a sandwich or some snack. In ideal conditions, the food for the school child’s morning breakfast should not contain “empty” calories, but high-quality and biologically nutritious food products. The main cause of classic chronic gastritis is Helicobacter pylori, doctors say. Helicobacter pylori is destroyed only by cooking dishes and using disinfectants. This bacterium can be infected even at home.
- Application of the child’s diet – a significant role in the development of gastritis is played by a substantial change in the child’s diet. Interestingly, children with a sick stomach are less likely to be found in poorer families than in well-to-do and wealthier families where children are provided with whatever they want. Every child, even though they have money for a snack, will prefer to buy chips, lick, crackers, which sooner or later reflects on the condition in the stomach.
- Nutritionist advice is always desirable – they say the importance of breakfast is important. The day should always start with oatmeal, oatmeal, cooked semolina or barley porridge. Porridge can be supplemented with boiled egg, cheese or yogurt, sandwich with butter and cheese, liver pate or chicken. The brain of a school-age child does not function well in the productive period (from 9 am to 11 am) and does not develop well without a complete breakfast. Around noon, a snack is desirable oatmeal cookies). Each dish should be eaten slowly with slow chewing of each bite, preferably at the table with hot tea, and not in a hurry.
- Choose healthy foods for meals, say nutritionists. These can be eggs, fish, liver, low-fat cheese (these foods are rich in choline – a substance that improves brain function).
- One egg yolk a day and a little liver pate-strengthen the memory and ability to absorb new information of a school-age child.
- It is useful to use soy products 3 to 4 times a month and once a month beef or veal / meat dishes that contain a lot of lecithin, cholesterol, B vitamins, folic acid – everything is necessary for the development and intensive work of the brain.
- The use of multivitamin preparations for children and adolescents is desirable. During the school year, this is necessary, especially during the season of viruses and weaker immunity.