5 ways to fill your home with pleasant natural scents
You can achieve a pleasant and pleasant atmosphere in the home with the use of natural hand-made flavors.
- Flavored bags stacked in a large basket on the table give a pleasant smell. They also protect clothing from moths. Clothes in closets will have freshness and a mild and delicate scent if you place flavored bags in closets. You will have a good and deep sleep if you put bags with lavender, hops and mint under the pillow.
- Scented bags – canvas bags can be sewn in the size of 10X8 centimeters from some natural fabric (jute, silk or linen). Fill the bags with dried peels of citrus, herbs and flowers, ie roses, lavender, mint, lemon balm, jasmine, geranium, wormwood, verbena or cloves. Tie the opening on the bag with a strong rope or sew with thread. Cotton wool with a few drops of essential oil of lavender, lemon, rosemary, rose and fir and other fragrant notes can be used for filling. Soothing notes are suitable for the bedroom, while for the study or work corner, choose aromas that raise energy or plants that stimulate intellectual activity. An excellent complement to fragrant fillers are spices – vanilla pods, cinnamon, anise, cloves, otherwise known for their properties of raising energy, mood, concentration and memory, and relieving depression.
- Scented sticks – are a good stylish decoration and contribute to better health. Take smaller wooden sticks 15 to 30 cm long, a glass bottle or vase with a bottleneck, vegetable oil and essential oil. An essential oil of orange, lavender, eucalyptus, rose, sandalwood or a mixture of various oils can be used, which shows general reactions and has a calming effect. Then alcohol, or homemade brandy that helps speed up the aromatization process. The aromatic composition should cover one third of the length of the stick. Then mix the vegetable oil with the essential oil and for 100 ml of vegetable oil there are 25 camps of essential oil. Add two small spoons of alcohol and mix everything. Pour the mixture into a bottle or vase and insert wooden sticks. The fragrance is ready to use. Add a few drops of essential oil to the bowl from time to time, as the flavoring will eventually smell less intense.
- Flavor for humidifying indoor air – the air in the home can be humidified and flavored at the same time. A container with an aromatic mixture of, for example, lemon and rosemary, which has an anti-stress effect, relieves headaches and eliminates insomnia, can be placed on the radiator. In a bowl with 150 to 200 ml of water, add 10 to 15 drops of lemon essential oil and 5 drops of rosemary essential oil, and 3 to 5 drops of vanilla extract. Vanilla has a calming effect, reduces anxiety, nervous system, cures depression and brings joy to everyday life. Mix the ingredients in a bowl and place on a radiator or pour the solution into a humidifier. This mixture neutralizes unwanted odors in the kitchen and common areas. Mix two parts lemon essential oil and one part mint, cloves and fir.
- Freshener with baking soda – the property of baking soda to keep different scents for a long time makes it an excellent basis for making various flavors. Baking soda also absorbs unpleasant odors, so it is occasionally placed in the refrigerator. Then pour one to two tablespoons of baking soda on a small plate and fold in the fridge. A glass jar with a lid can be used for hand-made flavors. A piece of foil can be used instead of a lid. Pour a layer of baking soda one centimeter thick on the bottom of the jar, add up to 12 drops of essential oil or a combination of several essential oils. Close with a lid or aluminum foil. Shake the contents well. Make a few holes in the lid. The hand freshener is ready to use.