9 popular newer foods and potential substitutes
People who love a healthy life and use the new so-called “super food” also know the composition and action of these foods. This super food also has substitute foods.
- Goji beans are super foods that some people call “wolf beans” because of their toxicity. However, goji strengthens immunity, cleanses the body and prolongs life due to useful substances, ie amino acids, vitamins, macro and micro elements, antioxidants. People use the most common dried goji beans which are useful like other available berries in the woods. Substitute foods: blackberries, cranberries, black currants.
- Chia seeds — used in Mexican cuisine. They have plant fibers, omega 3 fatty acids, omega 6 fatty acids and other useful substances. Chia is popular for vegetarians and people who want to lose weight because it satisfies well and compensates for the lack of important elements in the body. Seeds are added to various dishes, smoothies, cocktails. Once they swell, they satisfy hunger and reduce weight loss. Substitute foods: flaxseed, sesame, pumpkin seeds.
- Rashtan is a type of green cabbage. The amount of 100 to 200 grams per day satisfies the daily needs for vitamins A, C and K. Calcium is absorbed in the same way as calcium from dairy products, but its low caloric content makes this cabbage suitable for people who want to lose weight. Substitute foods: spinach and broccoli.
- Quinoa’s pseudo-grain was a sacred grain for the Inca people. The product is rich in fiber and protein. It has a content of amino acids, vitamins and micro-elements similar to the content in fish and dairy products. It is recommended for people with heart problems, digestive organs due to excess weight and high cholesterol. Substitute foods: millet, rice, barley, buckwheat.
- Acai are small black beans native to South America. They help preserve youth, longevity, strengthen immunity. They have anti-inflammatory properties and protect against inflammatory conditions and cardiovascular diseases. They strengthen memory and give energy. They are even used to prevent cancer. Substitute foods: chokeberry and rosehip.
- Green coffee – reduces appetite, so the drink of green coffee affects weight loss. The green coffee drink should never be drunk with a meal, but before a meal, just like a glass of water or green tea. Substitute food: green tea.
- Cocoa beans – snacking on cocoa beans is recommended because it reduces nervous tension, activates the production of happiness hormones, protects against depression, chronic fatigue and nervousness. Substitute foods: bitter chocolate, coffee beans.
- Wheatgrass-juice is squeezed from green wheatgrass 10 to 15 cm high. This drink is useful because it protects the human body. The juice cleanses the body and strengthens the composition of the blood due to the high content of chlorophyll. The benefits of wheatgrass have not yet been confirmed by scientific studies. Substitute foods: juice of green medicinal herbs and wheat germ.
- Spelta is a cereal that contains a lot of vitamins, proteins, valuable amino acids, zinc and magnesium. All substances in the spelled are balanced, so it is recommended for people who want to lose weight, for weakened immunity, chronic fatigue and patients with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Spelled is used to make porridge, soup, side dishes, pastries and desserts. Substitute foods: bran and oatmeal.