7 homemade cosmetic recipes (for face and hair) with beer
This mild alcoholic beverage with yeast has long been used for cosmetic purposes. Beer contains hops and brewer’s yeast. Yeast is a source of B vitamins. These vitamins stimulate metabolic processes in the skin (including the scalp). They contribute to better skin regeneration. Hops contain phytoestrogens that rejuvenate the skin. During the winter months, many people visit Finnish saunas. Beer is also a useful beverage in saunas. Namely, pour natural beer on hot stones in the sauna. Beer steam will rejuvenate the skin of the body, making it velvety silky and soft.
- Mask with beer for face and décolleté – take one tablespoon of yogurt and one tablespoon of vegetable fat (olive oil or grape seed oil). Add one teaspoon of lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of unfiltered beer. Heat the mixture on steam. Add one tablespoon of rye bran. Put the mask on clean skin of the face, neck and décolleté. Avoid the area around the eyes. Leave on for about 20 minutes, then rinse your face with warm water. This mask perfectly tightens and cleanses the skin.
- Blackhead mask-beer is an effective remedy against blackheads on the face. Take one tablespoon of currant fruit (or strawberries or cherries). Add one tablespoon of beer. Squeeze all the saplings. Apply the mask with light massage movements on the problematic parts of the skin. Hold for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Practice this mask no more than twice a week.
- Beer Rejuvenating Mask – This mask tightens the face and erases wrinkles from the face. Grate one medium-sized potato. Add one tablespoon of honey, one chicken egg yolk (or two quail) and 3 tablespoons of dark unfiltered beer. Put the mask on your face and cover your face with a handkerchief. Hold for 20 minutes. It is best to relax and lie down during the application of this mask. Then the face is calmest. The mask can be used no more than twice a week. After the first procedure, the effect is already visible.
- Peeling mask with beer for the body-after showering on the body put a mixture of beer, honey and olive oil. You can use half a cup for each of the ingredients. Spread the mixture all over the body with massaging movements. Rub until the mask turns white. Rinse with water. This peeling mask rejuvenates and cleanses the body. The mask also tightens the skin of the body making it soft. If you put this mask on your body before going to the beach or sunbathing then this peeling mask protects your skin from sunburn. Makes the skin evenly dark in color / tan.
- Beer protects hair – protects hair and has a positive effect on hair structure. The beer mask also brightens hair color. For light hair it is better to use light beer and for dark hair dark beer is great. After shampooing, you can wash your hair with unfiltered light / dark beer, depending on your hair color.
- Mask with beer against hair loss and baldness-mix one tablespoon of burdock root (Latin Arctium), two tablespoons of dried nettle, one tablespoon of green tea, one tablespoon of beet oil and 20 drops of hot pepper tincture. Pour these ingredients with one glass of hot (but not brewed) beer. Stir gently for about 5 minutes. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of rye bran to the mixture to thicken the mass. Leave for about an hour. The mass will become thick enough and suitable for application. Apply the mixture on dry scalp and hair. Wrap with aluminum foil. Then wrap with a towel. Hold for half an hour until the mixture has cooled. Applying the mask is recommended once or twice a maximum of t + per week. The effect is noticeable after the first use of the mask.
- Mask for better hair growth – all ingredients should be at room temperature. Heat the beer to 40 or 50 degrees C. mix half a cup of medium-fat kefyr, one tablespoon of vegetable oil (the best choice is flaxseed oil) and one piece of rye bread (without crust). put in a warm place for half an hour. This activates all the useful substances from the ingredients. Apply the mask on the scalp and along the entire hair. Wrap your head in aluminum foil and then with a towel. Hold for about half an hour. Apply the procedure once or twice a week to the maximum.