Salep is a nutritious plant and a favorite drink from the orchid family
Salep belongs to the orchid family. It has a very effective anti-inflammatory effect. It cures ulcers and gastroenteritis and bronchitis. Salep tubers used to be in high demand. In Turkey, this plant is still used today to prepare a medicinal drink that gives strength and is an excellent energy supplement to the diet. This drink also relieves all stomach aches.
Salep grows on moist acidic soils, in floodplains or near peat bogs. Among the plants of ponds and swamps in early spring, two large leaves with light burgundy dots can be seen – this is the salep plant. Later, the flower stalk is about 30 cm high. Inflorescences with small very fragrant flowers in the familiar shape of an orchid are arranged on the stem. Salep is hiding under the ground again in early June. Salep tubers contain starch, polysaccharides, dextrin and sucrose. The drink has both anti-inflammatory and general strengthening effect. Effectively treats colitis, ulcers and gastroenteritis. Helps due to respiratory diseases, bronchitis and tracheitis act as a coating agent. Fresh salep tubers mixed with golden root help against “male weakness”.
Salep tubers have an effect on a weak organism similar to the effect of ginseng. They strengthen the body, stimulate and strengthen the body. Tubers abound with a unique energy value. An adult needs only 40 grams of salep jelly per day to provide all-day energy needs.
The tubers are collected at the end of flowering. They dig with shovels because they are deep in the ground. The tubers are immediately thrown out of the ground. Roots and green shoots are cut. Then wash with running water. For quick use in the form of medicine and tonic, the tubers are packed (in vegetable boxes) and stored in the refrigerator. The tubers are dried, strung on top, poured with hot water for a few seconds and dried outdoors – for long-term storage. In some parts of the world it is forbidden to collect roots, so the roots of this plant have been put on the “red list”. Due to their decorative nature, various types of salep are grown in weekend resorts. Therefore, it is easy to obtain medicinal raw materials.
- To treat diarrhea: pour 60 grams of dry tuber powder with one glass of boiling water. Leave for half an hour. Drink half a glass twice a day.
- To strengthen male strength: pour two tablespoons of dry chopped tubers with one glass of hot water. Bring to a boil. Take a third of a glass three times a day. Improves sperm potency and quality.
- To treat a cold: add a piece of butter and a spoonful of honey to a glass of jujube. Bring almost to a boil. Pour 2 to 3 teaspoons of tuber powder. Drink a chilled beverage.
- To strengthen the organism, a drink from this plant or in the form of a thick jelly is an effective means due to the general exhaustion of the organism caused by long illness, physical fatigue or excessive mental work. The use of this drink is also indicated in the postoperative period.
- For athletes and intense sports efforts – an excellent energy meal can be made from salep tubers. This meal helps with long hikes, athletes, river rafting and mountain tours and similar strenuous physical activities. Or during intense sports efforts. This energy meal has a high energy value but does not burden the stomach or stomach. Mix 150 grams of dried apricots, 50 grams of dried salep tubers, 50 grams of peanuts (or hazelnuts), 50 grams of pine nuts with one to two tablespoons of honey. Make a roll of the mixture. Or the shape of the tape. Wrap the resulting shape in aluminum foil. Refrigerate for one hour. Cut into equal plates.
GA-ME-HA d.o.o. / Lapišnica do br. 1 / 71000 Sarajevo / BiH /
Tel. +387 (33) 573 330 / firstname.lastname@example.org