7 homemade recipes for well-groomed and soft nails (and feet)
Toenails are harder due to changes in structure and circulatory disorders. This, however, happens to the elderly. Nails change and become harder due to various chronic diseases related to the endocrine system, gastrointestinal tract, anemia, allergic reactions and more. It is recommended to use baths, ointments and compresses to make feet and nails softer and easier to maintain and hygiene.
- Bath with soap and baking soda – Mix grated homemade soap and baking soda in a ratio of 1: 1. Dissolve five tablespoons of the mixture in 5 liters of hot water. Cool the bath to 38 -40 ° C. Keep your feet in the bath for another 15 minutes. This solution has antiseptic and antifungal properties. Nails and feet will be softer and easier to maintain hygiene.
- Herbal bath with chamomile – mix 5 tablespoons of dried chamomile flowers and 5 tablespoons of grass “snake’s milk”, ie black grass (Latin Greater celandine) with 5 liters of hot water. Leave for an hour. The procedure takes 15 to 20 minutes. The water temperature should be between 38 ° C and 40 ° C. The skin of the toenails will be softer and easier to cut / maintain.
- Bath with essential oils – in 5 liters of warm water add 5 drops of lemon, 5 drops of juniper and 5 drops of lavender. Hold your legs for 10 to 15 minutes. The only condition is that the person is not allergic to essential oils.
- Assemble the salicylic acid coating, baking soda and glycerin components in equal amounts. Apply a thin layer of the mixture to the toenails using earplugs. Do not touch the skin around the nail. Cover your nails with a plastic bag. The procedure takes 10 minutes.
- Roasted onion fat – make a mixture of roasted onion and olive oil in a ratio of 2: 1. Put this mixture on your toenails before bed. Fix with gauze and put on socks. Hold overnight. In the morning, the nails (and feet) will be softer and easier to cut. Cut softened nails in a straight line to prevent ingrown nails. Then apply a lot of moisturizer to your nails.
- Medicinal bath against fungal diseases of the feet / nails – many people have nail fungus. Sea salt successfully solves this problem. Salty sea water is destructive to fungi on nails and skin. Baths can be made at home. Baths are best made and used before bedtime. Dissolve two tablespoons of sea salt in 2 liters of warm water. Keep your feet in this solution for 15 to 20 minutes. Rub your feet with a towel after the bath. Wear warm socks. Repeat the procedure after a few days. Repeat the procedure until the fungus is completely gone.
- Natural nail polish against fungal diseases of the nails and feet – This nail polish dries longer than industrial nail polish, but there are no harmful side effects. Varnish removes fungal infections and cures the disease in the first stage. It effectively protects healthy nails from fungi that appear after using the sauna, pool, beach, etc. All ingredients are powerful but it should be remembered that potato sprouts and fruits are poisonous, so these ingredients should be used with caution. The varnish is colorless. According to the user’s wishes, some natural color can be added (beet juice 2-3 drops or any edible color). Mix equal parts of chopped resin from fir (or pine) and potato fruit (green cones that remain on the ground after flowering) – Fill the bottle to 50 ml. Drizzle with ethyl alcohol. Leave covered for 7 days. Pour the clear liquid into another bottle. The healing nail polish is ready. Apply the varnish twice a day with a clean cosmetic brush. The therapy lasts for two weeks.