9 homemade recipes with linden leaves and flowers
Linden has a strong energy impact on people. Linden tree gives peace and warmth. Helps treat cardiovascular disease and depression. Stand by the linden tree and “communicate” with the linden tree, because it automatically improves your mood and reduces depression. Linden was a sacred tree in the Old Slavs. They associated this tree with the “Lada” goddess of beauty and love. Surprisingly subtle and delicate aroma flows in the air during linden flowering. The whole tree is then covered with small and fragrant yellow-white flowers whose bouquets are used for propagation – the wind blows these bouquets over long distances. Where the bouquet falls or the flowers from the bouquet then a new linden will grow in that place.
- Linden-linden leaf juice is useful against colds but has been used for cosmetic purposes for a long time. Linden flower is perfect for preparing herbal liquids, lotions and masks (for face and neck skin). Washed leaves and chopped fresh linden buds are placed on the ulcers to relieve pain, disinfect and soften the skin. In case of burns, a mixture of chopped buds and linden leaf juice in the form of a compress for the sore spot is applied. Linden juice is made with water in a ratio of 1:20. Linden leaf juice is ideal for washing the face because it improves skin elasticity.
- Linden flower lotion-Linden flower lotion is used against oily skin and increased sweating. Pour a handful of a mixture of equal amounts of linden flowers, sage leaves and mint with ¼ liter of brandy. Leave for 2 weeks. Strain. Use to cleanse the skin.
- Linden tea against redness of the eyes-eyes rinse with squeezed linden tea if you have red eyelids. Pour one to two tablespoons of dried linden flowers with a cup of boiling water. Leave for half an hour. Or make a compress for red eyelids. Dip gauze in warm herbal liquid (linden tea). Squeeze. Keep on the eyes for 3 to 5 minutes. This will alleviate eyelid swelling and eye fatigue. Wrinkles will decrease.
- Cosmetic ice with linden-plain water to which you add linden flower is a great refreshment for the face. It cleanses the skin, making it softer. It can make cosmetic ice with linden. Pour one tablespoon of linden with a cup of boiling water. Allow the tea to cool. Strain. Add one tablespoon of honey that will enrich the liquid with useful microelements. Then freeze the liquid in ice buckets. Use ice cubes daily to rub your face because they rejuvenate the skin, giving the skin elasticity.
- Linden flower against acne and pimples-face wash with tea water from linden flowers in case of acne, pimples, wrinkles, rough skin and irritation. For normal and oily skin, herbal liquids are prepared in the amount of two tablespoons of raw materials for one cup of boiling water. Less concentrated herbal liquids are prepared for dry skin. One tablespoon of linden flowers for one cup of boiling water. It is useful to wash with linden tea due to freckles and pigment spots.
- Linden flowers for shine and elasticity of hair – pour 50 grams of linden flowers with one liter of boiled water. Leave for an hour and strain. It contributes to strengthening the hair by giving the hair shine and elasticity.
- Linden lotion against oily hair – lubricate oily hair with linden lotion. Pour two tablespoons of flowers with half a liter of boiled water. Cook for another 2-3 minutes on low heat. Cool and strain. Add a tablespoon of vinegar or the juice of one lemon. Add a quarter cup of camphor solution (or alcoholic tincture of calendula or eucalyptus).
- Face mask with linden flowers-has a beneficial effect on the skin. Pour half a cup of hot water over one tablespoon of chopped linden flowers. Cook over medium heat until you get a thick mixture. Apply this mask in a warm state on oily facial skin and in a cold state on dry facial skin. If the mixture is not thick enough then add one tablespoon of oatmeal to the mask. Remove the mask after 20 minutes. Spray your face with cold water. You can use this mask twice or thrice a week. Therapy involves 15 to 20 applications of a face mask.
- Linden mask for all skin types – mix two tablespoons of any dry face cream with two tablespoons of linden herbal liquid (pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of raw materials with 2 cups of water and cook for 5 to 10 minutes). In the evening, apply the mixture on the face and neck. Hold for 15 minutes.