The process of fermentation of grasses and plants at home
We often make tea whose taste many do not like. There are plants and herbs whose taste improves with the fermentation process. Plants are then more efficient and useful.
Preparation of medicinal raw materials at home is feasible and possible if a person adheres to certain rules and guidelines. Only in this way will the precious substances in plants be preserved to the maximum. A very effective method of preparation is fermentation, although this method is not very popular. The process takes place under the influence of ferments, unlike ordinary drying of plants.
The process of fermentation of the plant at home: the leaf of the plant is destroyed while the juice is squeezed from the plant. The juice is then oxidized and the fermentation process begins. The roasting that follows stops the fermentation process. The result is a fantastic aroma and a much larger amount of vitamins and useful substances in fermented plants. Among the herbs that are suitable for fermentation, the traditional first place belongs to cypress (John tea Latin Epilobium anguistifolium, syn. Chamaenerium angustifolium). Very aromatic and delicious teas are obtained from the leaves of black currant, cherry, apple, raspberry and blackberry, while the tea from fermented walnut leaves has an unusual taste that should not be missed.
Basic rules of fermentation at home
- The basic task is to chop the leaf of the plant so that the juice is squeezed out of the plant. Put the juice in a large nylon bag and release the air. Dry the juice a little in the sun, shaking the bag occasionally.
- If the plant is dry (for example, blackberry) then spray the plant with water and mash the leaves directly in a bag.
- Grind the dried leaves on a meat grinder. Distribute the obtained raw material in a thin layer to dry in the sun. Finish drying the raw material in the oven.
- If the room is damp, then immediately dry the raw material in the oven so that mold does not catch on the raw material.
- The maximum temperature is up to 50 ° C while the oven door should be open. It takes a few hours to bake.
- Then the tea should stand for a month before first use.
- Tea is best stored in paper bags.