10 tips for preparing a delicious salad
Every salty, sweet or fruit salad should be adapted to tastes and creativity. However, there are some basic rules to make a salad tastier.
- Ingredients should vary from season to season depending on the living space.
- Vegetables for salad preparation should always be fresh.
- Some foods (cheese, tofu, some cereal, legumes, meat protein, boiled eggs or fish) should be added to the salad to make it a complete meal. Or simply serve the salad with bread or pastries. The above foods make the difference between a salad as a whole meal and a salad in the form of a side dish to some dishes.
- Spices should be added to salads just before serving. This is one of the most important facts about salad preparation. If the spices are added ahead of time, then the salad quickly withers, releases water and thus automatically loses its freshness.
- The salad should be dried before preparation because drops of water mixed with spices will change the taste.
- A mixture of root and leafy vegetables with legumes (lentils, beans, beans, etc.) gives a very filling and delicious salad. Legumes should be pre-cooked. Be careful not to overcook the vegetables and keep them fresh and crispy.
- If the salad is a complete meal then nuts can be added (almond, hazelnut, pumpkin seeds, sesame, sunflower seeds). Nuts should first be toasted briefly to release odors (before adding to the salad).
- Drain the cheeses in the water before adding to salads. Use cheeses with less milk fat for a lighter salad. It is not bad to use full-fat cheeses because there is certainly not a lot of cheese in the salad. Each food should be carefully combined with other foods so that no food is dominant over the others.
- Fresh herbs (mint, basil, oregano) give a subtle and aromatic note. Herbs should be finely chopped and added to the dressing.
- Cold-pressed olive oil can be used for dressing. Pumpkin oil or roasted sesame oil can be used for a more complete taste. Vinegar (from raspberry or blueberry), aceto balsamico and the like can also be added to the dressing. Sometimes just a lemon is enough. Yogurt in combination with avocado, a little mayonnaise, oil and garlic can be used for dressing.