6 recipes (and tips) for using apple peel
Apple peel is a medicinal product and not a waste material. The fruit of apples and peels contain useful substances (vitamins A and C, as well as minerals calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron) and the antioxidant quercetin. This antioxidant with vitamin C protects the body from the harmful effects of free radicals. But the main benefit of apples is the positive effect of this fruit on the work of the digestive tract. Apple contains a lot of pectin, which is a substance similar to jelly of plant origin. Pectin helps the intestines because it acts like fiber (cleanses the intestines and improves the work of the digestive tract). Good work of the digestive tract in most cases lowers cholesterol levels, strengthens lipid metabolism, improves digestion, strengthens immunity and improves the appearance of the skin. Less accumulation of harmful waste in the intestines and digestive tract means a happier and better mood of each person. Apple peel can therefore be reused.
- Chips of dried peel Peeled apple peel in one or two layers put in a baking tray lined with baking paper. Dry the crust in an oven preheated to 80 ° C for a few hours until the crust is slightly bent. Add a tablespoon of melted butter. Stir. Then preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Bake the chips for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the chips with powdered sugar and cinnamon, ground cardamom or other spices.
- Cut the dried bark tea into small pieces 1 cm long. Dry simply in the oven for a few hours at the lowest temperature. You can put the crust on baking paper and dry it outdoors if it is a sunny day. Avoid open spaces near traffic and pollution. Cook according to a tea recipe. Tea can also be prepared from fresh bark. Just pour boiling water and hot water over the fresh crust. Add honey.
- Crust in the dough – cut the peeled crust into thin slices. Or grind in a blender, taking care not to turn it into a mushy mixture. Two to three seconds is enough. You can also put the pulp of squeezed apple juice in the dough. A small amount of pulp will improve the dough. You can add the crust to muffins, biscuits, cakes with seasonal fruit and even pancake batter. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of chopped crust to the bowl with the finished dough. Stir. Bake in the usual way. The crust will give the dough an aroma. The crust will not even be noticed in the pancakes.
- Bark juice – a delicious drink can be prepared from the bark. it takes 200 grams of peel, 1.3 liters of water, one tablespoon of raisins, a small piece of cinnamon, sugar. Put the crust in boiling water and cook for half an hour at a low temperature. Add the raisins 5 minutes before the end of cooking. Add sugar and honey to taste. Leave for 20 minutes. Strain. The drink is over.
- Bitter and tasty drink with rind – you need 500 grams of rind, 3 liters of water, a glass of sugar, one tablespoon of fresh yeast and one handful of raisins. Dry the crust in a dry pan or oven. Pour over with boiling water. Bring to a boil with raisins. The stoves are stoves. Leave covered for 2 hours. Strain and add sugar. Stir. Cool to 25-30 degrees C. Grind a little yeast and mix with a small amount of sugar – add to the prepared drink. Leave for 24 hours. The drink should not be near drafts, or near the oven, radiator or other heated bodies. Stir the next day. Leave the drink like this until foam appears. Strain the drink after a few days. Arrange in bottles. Keep in a cool place.
- Jelly with peel – you need apple peel, orange peel, lemon peel, sugar and water. Remove the damaged parts from the peel of the fruit and wash everything. Put in the onac and add water. Cook for about 2 hours on low heat. Add hot water when the water starts to boil. Strain through a sieve that is in a clean container. Measure the amount of liquid obtained. Add 700 grams of sugar for one liter of vegetable liquid. Mix with sugar. Put on the stove and let the liquid boil. Cook over low heat syrup juice does not begin to pour from the spoon in heavy drops. Pour the jelly into hot sterile jars in which you put a little lemon and orange peel. Cover up. Allow the jelly to cool wrapped in a blanket. Keep chilled jelly in a dark pantry or other room with less light.