Tips for overcoming loneliness and obesity
Loneliness and obesity have the same effect on human health. Loneliness is one of the most prevalent diseases in the 21st century. Unfortunately, loneliness also affects the younger population between the ages of 16 and 30.
Loneliness is characterized by a constant feeling of isolation, even when a lonely person is surrounded by people. The loner is mostly sad. He is convinced that other people do not understand him enough and that there is no one around who can understand a lonely person in difficult situations. Loneliness, on the other hand, does not arouse bad feelings. People who enjoy solitude use that time for their hobbies and other interests. Loneliness is also the greatest paradox of modern society. People today feel more lonely than ever before even though there are a handful of means of communication. Loneliness is especially pronounced in the categories of the population where modern technologies are always present and without which one can no longer live every day. Recent research says that every 10th person on the planet feels chronically lonely. Loneliness acts as a vicious circle. A person suffering from loneliness loses the will to communicate with other people and withdraws even more, distances himself from people and falls into depression. Research in Chicago shows that both loneliness and obesity are harmful to human health. According to experts from Chicago, insufficient socializing with others makes people unhappy and affects their physical and mental health. This feeling of rejection and isolation increases blood pressure, stress and the possibility of Alzheimer’s disease.
- They are mostly younger people. The communication of the younger population is increasingly reduced to typed text messages, some telephone conversations and very short conversations with each other (which contain only some regular words: great, hello, good, thank you, etc.).
- Then there are people employed in large companies who, due to a lot of business obligations, also reduce communication to mobile phones and social networks.
- A lonely person in an advanced stage needs professional help or support from the environment. Parents should talk to their children if they notice that something is wrong. Child withdrawal, lethargy, and frequent feelings of child sadness may be noted. The task of the guardian / parent is to find motivation for the child or driving force. For a start, the child can take or organize a favorite activity, party, organized merry event in which other people will be involved (neighbors, friends, acquaintances, relatives, etc.).
- Social networks are not always disastrous. On the contrary, social networks can be useful for shy people and shy children to gain self-confidence and new acquaintances.
- Any lonely person who wants to be cured of this disease should limit the time for internet and phone. You need to spend more time outdoors and move more outdoors and find the purpose (hobby, activity, hobby, etc.) of existence and the activity to which you will dedicate most of the day. The same advice applies to people who have lost a partner or job. Sitting at home and watching TV is not a good option. Have a person set a task to keep the TV off for, say, 5 hours and then a reward follows (which will help to implement the plan to the end, ie until the end of those 5 hours).
- Hobbies, awards, novelties, pets and friends are some of the solutions in the fight against loneliness. Treat a person with a nice gesture that can encourage socializing and friendship. The need for a dog to walk several times during the day will make the owner leave the house. This way you can meet other dog walkers in the area. Try something new that you have never tried before. For example, enroll in a tango course where there is again the possibility of meeting other people. And never be afraid of failure, because failure is better than stagnation and pessimism. Failure can always easily lead to success with persistence. Limit the time spent in front of the TV and computer and increase the number of hours spent away from home. Design a reward after each fulfillment of the set plan. Find any hobby to which you will dedicate at least one hour daily of the total time.