6 natural sweeteners (no calories) are a good substitute for sugar
It is a known truth that sugar is present even where people think there is no sugar. Carbonated and non-carbonated juices are full of sugar. Sugar is present in meat products, dough and many other dishes. There are artificial sweeteners that do not have calories, but according to research, these products can cause obesity. The good news for all people who love and need sugar is that there are healthy and sweet foods that can completely replace sugar.
- Coconut sugar-is the sugar of the coconut palm. This sugar is in the coconut flower. It is full of potassium, magnesium, zinc and other minerals, as well as vitamins B1 and C. It has a beneficial effect on blood sugar levels. It has a mild caramel taste and raises energy levels in the body.
- Maple syrup-contains more than 54 different nutrient compounds according to research. Thanks to these compounds, diabetes, cancer and inflammation can be prevented. Maple syrup can be used in a topping for pancakes or salads, or as an addition to smoothies and the like.
- Stevia is a Latin American plant whose shrubby leaves are used as natural sweeteners. They contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Stevia does not contain calories, so it is a healthy and useful plant. Stevia can be purchased in liquid or powder form. It is suitable for sweetening drinks or food.
- Maltex is a black sweetener that is a by-product during sugar processing. It contains iron, magnesium, minerals and vitamin B6. It is used in recipes that use spinach, or in sweets and recipes for turkey and chicken glaze.
- Erythritol powder – erythritol is a low-calorie sugar substitute and can be purchased at specialty stores selling sports equipment.
- Birch sugar-is a natural sugar extracted from birch bark. This natural sweetener tastes and looks similar to traditional white sugar but is much healthier. Diabetics can use this type of sugar without any fear.Birch sugar speeds up digestion, so it should be gradually introduced into the diet. It can be used to prepare cakes, ice cream and liqueurs. Birch sugar should not be used to prepare leavened dough.