Pop corn, chewing gum or almonds quickly get rid of heartburn
Heartburn is a burning sensation in the throat and chest. Heartburn occurs when stomach acid from the stomach returns to the esophagus. It creates a burning sensation in the chest and acidity in the mouth. Heartburn is not dangerous but frequent heartburn is unpleasant. Some medications may be helpful.
- Soda – bicarbonate is a base that neutralizes stomach acid. Baking soda is a healing and natural remedy especially against digestive problems.
- Chewing gum is effective because it stimulates the production of saliva and accelerates the leaching of excess acid. It is not a natural remedy but it is an affordable, effective and cheap solution to this problem.
- Almonds and hazelnuts are recommended against heartburn. Each time a person feels discomfort it is enough to eat 3 to 4 almonds.
- Mint or chamomile teas have soothing properties for the whole organism, including the digestive organs.
- Pop corn is also one of the solutions because it has the absorbing properties of excess stomach acid.
- If none of the listed ingredients help then there is a possibility that the person is deficient in stomach acid. The body receives a signal that it can relax the “stomach cover” if the body lacks acid. Extra acid can solve the problem and help tighten that muscle in the body.