8 homemade cosmetics with cucumber
Green cucumber is a vegetable related to pumpkins, melons and watermelons. This fruit contains 95% water. Therefore, cucumbers are used in nutrition, health and beauty. For example, cucumber masks refresh and tighten the skin, erase wrinkles, smooth the tone and remove acne and pimples from the face.
- Cucumber gel for tired eyes – in a blender, mix a quarter larger cucumber with peel or half smaller with one tablespoon of aloe vera gel (or juice). Squeeze the cucumber in a glass jar. It takes twice the amount of liquid versus aloe vera. Stir the mixture. Pour into a sterile container with a good lid. Apply the mixture with a swab to the area around the eyes, making sure it does not get into the eye. The gel can be used for several days if you keep the dish in the refrigerator.
- Cucumber softens the skin around the eyes-two cucumbers thinly cut into slices laid on the eyes. Cover with a damp cloth dipped in warm water. This simple procedure irons wrinkles on the face. This is an ideal relaxation procedure just before bedtime.
- Face mask with cucumber – in a separate bowl, mix one tablespoon of brewer’s yeast and one tablespoon of ground oats. Peel a cucumber and squeeze the juice in a juicer. Add a tablespoon of yogurt and honey. Stir the mixture until smooth. Apply the mixture on a clean face. Leave the mixture to act for half an hour. Rinse your face. Then apply a lotion or other skin softener. This mask is great for sensitive skin. Keep the cooled mask in the refrigerator. Use to achieve a special refreshing effect on the face.
- Quick treatment with parsley and cucumber – grind one tablespoon of parsley and cucumber. Add a tablespoon of yogurt. This mask rejuvenates and softens the skin. Leave the mask on the face for up to 20 minutes for best results. Rinse with water. Always prepare a fresh mask.
- Mask with cucumber puree – grind half of a larger cucumber in a blender. Put the mask on a clean face. Hold for up to half an hour and wash your face with warm water.
- Mask with cucumber juice – grind half a larger cucumber in a blender. With your hands, additionally squeeze the remaining water from the mixture. Smear the face with the obtained juice. Hold for up to 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. The face will be fresh and the skin will be tender.
- Mask with honey and cucumber – grind half a larger cucumber in a blender. With your hands, additionally squeeze the remaining water from the mixture. Add honey. Honey is the best natural antibiotic against all inflammatory conditions of facial skin, redness, acne and pimples. Apply the mixture to the face. Hold for up to 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. The face will be fresh and the skin will be tender.
- Mask with cucumber and banana – in a blender mix half a banana and half a cucumber. This mask is great against all blemishes on the face. Banana contains vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium and copper. Repeat the mask twice a week, especially against persistent hyperpigmentation on the face.