Tips for maintaining an umbrella to last a long time
Umbrellas of all sizes are an integral part of the wardrobe. There are some tips that can significantly extend the durability of an umbrella.
- Cleaning the umbrella from mud – clean the umbrella with a sponge dipped in a solution of cold water and a little grated soap. Then just wash the umbrella under running water.
- General washing of umbrellas with fabric cover – fabric covers are best washed and disinfected in a weaker solution of ammonia. One tablespoon of ammonia is put in half a liter of water. Liquid ammonia is bought in pharmacies. Wipe the umbrella with a sponge dipped in a solution of ammonia and water.
- Cleaning the umbrella with warm water and detergent – not recommended because it reduces the durability of the fabric / material with which the umbrella is covered.
- Dry the wet umbrella – open the umbrella and turn it upside down (with the handle facing up). This is the best way to dry a wet umbrella. If the wet umbrella is folded then the elasticity is lost or the umbrella is damaged on the parts (which are in direct contact with the metal bars).
- Lost umbrella – on one of the wires you can fasten a piece of cotton tape with your data written (in case of loss of a precious umbrella and an honest inventor).