6 convenient techniques for decorating eggs for Easter
- Decorating eggs with a napkin is quick, easy and cheap – this decoupage technique with paper is suitable for decorating Easter eggs. Choose spring motifs (flowers, butterflies, plants) for a better atmosphere. Cut out the motifs with scissors. Boil the eggs. Whisk the egg whites lightly with a fork. Egg whites will be a natural glue. For decoupage, use only the upper parts of the cut motifs. Place the egg on a holder or in a brandy glass. Lean the motif on a dry egg. Dip the brush into the egg whites. Apply over the motif on a dry egg. This will make the motif easier to stick to the egg. Eggs should then be dried.
- Decorate eggs with white wine and sugar – pour 500 ml of white wine into a bowl. Add 100 g of sugar and one bag of egg color (or cookies). Put the mixture on low heat. Insert eggs. Cook like this for about half an hour. Remove the pan from the heat and cover with a lid. Leave the eggs in that liquid overnight. In the morning, transfer the eggs to a napkin. During drying, the eggs will get a nice sand structure with a shimmering shine.
- Organic painting of eggs with spices – Turmeric powder gives a light yellow color, ground pepper gives terracotta or light orange color (add a little beetroot for red color), ground cinnamon gives a yellow-brown color, hibiscus flower gives a gray-purple color while Matcha powder gives a light green color . Mix 3 cups of water with 3 tablespoons of the selected spice (depending on which color you want to choose). Cook until boiling. Allow the mixture to cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Pour the liquid to half of a one-liter jar. Add 2 tablespoons of alcohol vinegar to the jar. Stir. Spoon 3 hard-boiled eggs into the jar. If the eggs are floating, add more liquid with the paint. You will achieve the best color if you leave the eggs in the color overnight. In the morning, carefully remove the eggs from the jar. Leave the eggs to dry, then coat with oil and arrange in an Easter basket.
- Coloring eggs with blueberries – two cups of crushed blueberries pour into a bowl. Add 2 cups of water. Put on the fire to the boiling point. Cook for another 10 minutes on low heat. Remove the pan from the heat. Add one tablespoon of vinegar. Put the eggs in the cooked mixture. Hold until the eggs get a nice shade of blue.
- Dyeing eggs with red cabbage – gives turquoise color to eggs. Cut one red cabbage. Put chopped cabbage in a bowl and add 5 cups of water. Let it boil until boiling. Cook for another 10 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons of alcohol vinegar to the water in which the cabbage was cooked. A beautiful turquoise color is obtained. Put the eggs (about 12 pieces) in a larger bowl and pour over the cabbage and vinegar water. Remove the eggs from the water after 2 hours for a light shade and for a bright shade, keep the eggs in the liquid longer. Occasionally turn the eggs to the other side to keep the color even. You can leave the eggs overnight but keep the bowl with the eggs in the fridge. You can put a little glitter shades on the brush. Brush soaked in glitter then hold over the egg. Swipe the brush evenly through your fingers so that the glitter is evenly distributed over the egg.
- Coloring eggs with rice-Put two tablespoons of rice in a plastic cup and add a tablespoon of color to the gel. Cover the glass and shake to spread the color over the rice. Repeat the same with the other glasses with other colors. Choose your favorite colors. It is best to use white eggs for this technique. Eggs need to be boiled beforehand. Put the egg in a glass with rice and paint. Cover the glass and shake gently so that the colored rice touches the whole egg. You get a decoration with small dots after you take out the eggs.
Thanks for thesee tips 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are very welcome. I am so glad if any article can be helpful to all readers/bloggers. Wish you a Very Happy and Blessed Easter. Wish you all the best.
At First glance, I thought what type of eggs it is. But after going through blog felt happy and will definitely try this.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes, its always nice to try anything new to us. Eggs are an excellent choice. Many people feel much better after trying a new thing. Wish you all the best.
TQ Dear! Wish you the same
LikeLiked by 1 person