Proper use of foods that affect a long and healthy life
- Olive oil — so far no link has been found to prevent premature death despite numerous studies. However, olive oil significantly reduces the risk of many diseases. U.S. researchers and scientists conducted surveys among 92,000 respondents. During the 28 days, it was determined that the persons who consumed the most olive oil had a 19% lower chance of mortality than other participants in the study. People who used olive oil daily had 19% lower mortality from heart disease, 17% lower mortality from cancer, 29% lower from neurodegenerative diseases and 18% lower mortality from lung disease. When you replace the use of the same amount of olive oil with 2 tablespoons of margarine (butter or mayonnaise) then the risk of death due to disease is reduced by 8% to 34%.
- If you eat olive oil in small quantities, this product gives benefits (because it contains high amounts of monounsaturated acids).
- The use of extra virgin olive oil can reduce inflammatory conditions (due to the strong antioxidant Oleokanthal which has the effect of anti-inflammatory drug). It can reduce the damage caused by oxidative stress and caused by the action of free radicals.
- Consuming excess calories from any source can over time result in excess body weight.
- Use ordinary cooking oil because of the high cost of extra virgin olive oil. However, use extra virgin olive oil for salads, sauces or coatings. Put some of this oil on the table and dip pieces of bread instead of using butter. Or, ¾ cups of olive oil, ¼ cups of vinegar, 1 tablespoon of mustard, 1 garlic, a little honey, salt and pepper mix for a delicious salad dressing.
- Use expensive extra virgin olive oil (Monini, Bertolli, Filippo Berio, Zucchi, Olitalia, Colavita, Partanna, California Olive Ranch, etc.) for baking, frying, or grilling because it goes well with all foods. Use this oil as a topping for ready meals (meat or soup).
- Make a pasta pesto or spread for crackers and pastries. Put 10 basil leaves in a food processor. Add a couple of tablespoons of pine nuts and mix. Add 2 garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons parmesan and extra virgin olive oil (while everything is stirring in the processor). Transfer the mixture to a bowl and garnish with lemon juice, salt and pepper.