Homemade products with corn that nourish, clean and soften the skin
The good appearance of the skin is determined by many factors (stress, exposure to external influences, negative effects of free radicals, dust, wind, cold, etc.). Corn flour is therefore a versatile food. Masks (and other home-made cosmetic products) for the face are the shortest way to restore freshness, shine and radiance to the skin. Corn (that is, corn flour) is an excellent natural remedy that nourishes tired skin and removes signs of fatigue. Corn also softens and cleans the skin. The skin is smooth after using any home remedy. Cornmeal goes well with milk and rose (and rose petal) based products.
- Milk for cleansing the face – mix 4 tablespoons of corn flour in 3 dcl of milk. Heat gently for about half an hour over hot steam. The milk must not boil. Leave the milk for several hours at room temperature. Then strain the milk. Add 1 tablespoon of corn oil and 3 to 4 drops of rose essential oil. Keep the milk in the fridge. Use for up to 7 days.
- Face mask – mix 2 spoons of corn flour, one spoon of honey, 2 to 3 spoons of warm milk. Mix until the mixture is creamy and free of flour lumps. Apply the mask on a damp face with gentle movements. Cover your face with a damp towel. Rinse with warm water after 15 minutes.
- Cream for well-groomed hands – mix 4 spoons of corn flour, 4 spoons of glycerin and 2 to 2 and a half dcl of rose water (rose petal tea) in a creamy mixture over steam. Cool the cream first. Add another 3 to 4 drops of rose essential oil. Pour the cream into a glass jar. It can be used daily for hand care.
- Mask with honey and corn flour – mix 2 spoons of corn flour with one spoon of honey and 2 to 3 spoons of warm milk. Put the mask on a damp face. Cover with a damp towel. Rinse with warm water after 15 minutes.
- Peeling against oily skin – mix 2 spoons of corn flour and one egg white. Put the mixture on your face and keep it for 15 minutes. Wash off after 15 minutes or after the mixture dries on the face. Rinse first with warm and then cold water and circular movements. This improves circulation and at the same time removes dead skin cells.
- Face cleansing milk. Mix 4 tablespoons of corn flour in 3 tablespoons of milk. Heat the mixture for half an hour over steam. Allow one to two hours for the mixture to cool. Add 2 to 3 drops of rose essential oil.
- Mask for tired and swollen hands – creamily mix 3 spoons of corn flour, 2 spoons of corn oil and 3 to 4 spoons of milk. Apply the mixture to the hands and keep for about 20 minutes. Wash your hands alternately with warm and cold water. Finish rinsing with cold water.