7 tips and interesting facts about heartburn
- Heartburn can spoil the mood of even the most cheerful people. So cut down on smoking. Eat upright in a sitting position at the table.
- Avoid fried foods, carbonated drinks, sweets (especially with chocolate) whenever you can.
- Heartburn (acid in the stomach that causes discomfort) can be quickly solved with a few almonds. Eat a few almonds that will “pick up” the acid.
- Heartburn can be solved with a solution of water and one tablespoon of baking soda.
- The irritated mucosa of the esophagus and stomach is soothed by warm (but not hot) chamomile tea.
- Do not take milk because calcium (which is abundant in milk) stimulates the secretion of acid.
- People with a sensitive stomach can also use tablets (some antacid). Antacid medication will quickly neutralize the acid. This medicine can be taken immediately after a meal and before the person feels nauseous.