Milk has the property of enhancing the effects of various spices and herbs
If people do not drink milk, then their life span is shortened. One who constantly drinks milk becomes immortal – this is said in the Vedic treatise “Shrimad-Bhagavatam”.
Everyone knows that the cow is a sacred animal in India. And it is a terrible sin if a cow is harmed. There are well-known cases of drivers who accidentally hit a cow, but then pray for that sin all their lives. And this is not accidental, because milk is the most precious and useful product. Also, most of the population in India are vegetarians. Everyone has a positive outlook on life and a healthy complexion.
Ramjit Raghav, a farmer from India, was entered in the Guinness Book of Records in 2012. He had children at the age of 96 and 94. Ramjit was asked to reveal the secret to productive longevity. Ramjit explained that he drinks 2 liters of fresh milk every day. He eats a lot of vegetables and almonds and does not consume meat. Milk, cow’s cheese and cream are all excellent products and sources of useful substances. Of course, modern milk is somewhat devoid of medicinal properties. Original milk has a short shelf life, so we all buy and use pasteurized milk (or powdered milk).
However, there is an excellent way to make milk even more healthy – and that is by adding various spices and herbs to milk.
Popular golden milk with turmeric
One of the popular drinks in the world is “golden milk with turmeric”. Turmeric is an excellent spice against arthritis, osteochondrosis, liver and kidney diseases, depression and colds. Experts in Ayurveda say that turmeric is used to restore strength, strengthen immunity, lower sugar due to diabetes, calm the nerves and cleanse the body.
To prepare the golden drink, you must first make a turmeric paste: mix 2 tablespoons of the powder with a glass of water. Cook for 5 minutes until the mixture turns into a thick paste. You can keep the paste prepared in this way for 1 month in the fridge.
For golden milk, add 1 tablespoon of the paste to a glass of warm milk. Honey, pepper or ghee can be added to the drink to enhance the taste and effect. All supplements enhance the benefits of golden milk.
In Ayurveda, milk is considered “anupan”, that is, a conductor and enhancer of the effect of medicines. That’s why the benefits of milk are two-fold – natural healing Ayurvedic supplements become even more effective.
Other spices and herbs are added to milk for easier absorption
- Saffron is a spice that is also added to milk. It strengthens the memory, calms the nervous system and rejuvenates the body. It is useful to drink a cup of warm milk with a little saffron in the early morning.
- Ginger – this useful herb stimulates digestion, warms the body and strengthens the body. In India, ginger milk is more popular than other types of milk. Milk with ginger can be made at home. Note that fresh ginger can curdle milk. That is why it is better to use ground dried ginger.
- Cardamom – milk can be drunk with the addition of a pinch of cardamom. Milk only enhances the healing properties of this spice.
- Cinnamon – milk can be drunk with the addition of a pinch of cinnamon. Milk only enhances the medicinal properties of cinnamon.
- Nutmeg – milk can be drunk with the addition of a pinch of this spice. Milk only enhances the healing properties of spices.
Nice information about healthy drinks.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thanks a lot. Happy if I can help readers/bloggers with any of these articles. Wishing you very best. Amela
LikeLiked by 1 person