10 foods that remove nicotine from the body and reduce the desire for cigarettes
Quitting smoking is a long and complicated process. Various methods can help in the fight against nicotine (yoga, sports and even hypnosis). Proper nutrition is also important in eradicating a bad habit. Many foods reduce the desire for a cigarette and help remove nicotine from the body.
- Ginger – cut fresh ginger root into small pieces. Carry pieces in your pocket, purse, backpack. Put a piece of ginger in your mouth and chew as soon as you feel the urge for a cigarette. The taste of the medicinal root kills the desire to smoke. Another option is to drink tea with ginger. Add honey and lemon.
- Bitter chocolate – this food helps fight stress during nicotine withdrawal. A small piece of dark (bitter) chocolate reduces appetite and prevents overeating (because quitting smoking often means the onset of hunger pangs and, as a result, weight gain).
- Broccoli – broccoli is a healthy vegetable full of vitamins. It reduces the desire for a cigarette. It helps eliminate nicotine from the body. This is a low-calorie vegetable. It is especially important because people do not want to gain extra weight during quitting smoking.
- Cinnamon-narcologists advise you to break off a piece of cinnamon. Chew the piece for 10 to 15 minutes. This significantly reduces the desire for a cigarette. Smoking will not bring pleasure even if you do not resist the temptation. Cinnamon leaves a kind of burn on the mucous membrane. Burns combined with tobacco smoke cause pain. This is not dangerous, but it is very unpleasant for smokers.
- Citrus-nicotine destroys vitamin C in the body of smokers. Nicotine prevents the absorption of vitamin C. consume lemon, grapefruit and orange to compensate for the lack of ascorbic acid. The sour taste of citrus reduces the pleasure of smoking.
- Celery – Celery is a vegetable created for quitting nicotine. Celery spoils the taste of cigarettes and helps reduce nicotine addiction. It normalizes blood pressure and strengthens the condition of the cardiovascular system.
- Apples-hand reaches for a cigarette if a man is nervous. Doctors advise you to eat an apple instead of a cigarette. This process reduces nervous tension without harming health. In addition, apples compensate for the lack of oxalic acid and iron in the body of a person who smokes cigarettes.
- Blue eggplant-eggplants contain nicotinic acid (that is, vitamin PP). That is why they effectively reduce the desire for cigarettes (nicotine). In addition, nicotinic acid has a beneficial effect on the nervous system, relieves tension and stress (and it is stress that makes a person light up a cigarette).
- Water – clean water is good for all people and doubly useful for smokers. The taste of cigarettes is unpleasant after just a few sips of water. Liquid starts metabolic processes. The liquid restores the functioning of organs and systems weakened by smoking. Water removes toxins and toxic substances collected in the smoker’s body.
- Dairy products – the taste of cigarettes becomes unbearable – say many smokers after drinking milk. Drink a glass of yogurt, kefir or milk before smoking and convince yourself of these claims. Dairy products are excellent absorbents. They help remove nicotine and other harmful substances from the body.